Windows 10: Computer Reset - OS install fail. Stuck in circular reboot - cannot access BIOS

Discus and support Computer Reset - OS install fail. Stuck in circular reboot - cannot access BIOS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was resetting my computer and removing all files. While the OS was reinstalling it got hung up at 68%. I left it overnight to see if it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sergeant_Obvious, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Computer Reset - OS install fail. Stuck in circular reboot - cannot access BIOS

I was resetting my computer and removing all files.

While the OS was reinstalling it got hung up at 68%. I left it overnight to see if it would resolve. It did not.

I did a hard shut down and then power on.

The computer starts, shows the Dell logo no F2 option then goes to the OS install screen.

It shows 68% progress and then immediately reboots.

It cycles through this continuously.

I created a bootable USB Drive but I cannot access the BIOS. I tried:

ESC, F2, F12 - none work.

I started and shut down 3 times to get to the Dell recovery screen. It indicates that I can press ESC or F2 to get to the BIOS, but the keyboard and mouse are not functional in ANY USB port.

I removed the BIOS battery and reinstalled after 10 minutes to try and reset it. Did not work.

:)

Sergeant_Obvious, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Jp94 Win User

Stuck at sign-in circular loading animation after reboot

I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 through Microsoft's updater.
    I used Windows 10 for web browsing and then after my use, I shut the computer down.
    After my first reboot, OS crashed several times and sent me to the recovery page.

Steps I took:
    1. Reset system (keep files)
    -> Failed
    2. Restore
    -> Failed

System reboots with a black screen and a mouse pointer.
    Few minutes later, I see a blue screen with a circular loading animation icon.
    I gave it few hours before force shutdown (I also left the system running overnight. No progress).
    Every single recovery option did not work, and I could not find any solutions online.

What I do have:
    Linux Mint (as dual boot).
    Can access Windows 10 drive from Mint.

It seems like the only solution I see is to clean install Windows 10 after backing up my files... but I want to know if there is a solution without having to wipe my drive.

Jp94, Jan 7, 2021
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jan 7, 2021
  4. taward Win User

Computer Reset - OS install fail. Stuck in circular reboot - cannot access BIOS

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Computer Reset - OS install fail. Stuck in circular reboot - cannot access BIOS

1. Computer Reset - OS install fail. Stuck in circular reboot - cannot access BIOS - Similar Threads - Computer Reset install

2. Reset failed and now computer is stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset failed and now computer is stuck: Hi there,Last night I tried to reset my computer but the reset failed. It got stuck at 18% for hours so I turned it off. When I turned it back on it displayed the following. “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot...
  3. Reset failed and now computer is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset failed and now computer is stuck: Hi there,Last night I tried to reset my computer but the reset failed. It got stuck at 18% for hours so I turned it off. When I turned it back on it displayed the following. “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot...
  4. Stuck in bios, cannot install windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in bios, cannot install windows.: Hello, I built a pc and was able to install and use windows 10 but I had issues with as I could not reset my pc, do sfc scan, stuck on repair and evetually got to a point where i was stuck on the boot loading screenasus logo, dots spinning so I decided to secure erase the...
  5. Stuck in bios, cannot install windows.

Stuck in bios, cannot install windows.: Hello, I built a pc and was able to install and use windows 10 but I had issues with as I could not reset my pc, do sfc scan, stuck on repair and evetually got to a point where i was stuck on the boot loading screenasus logo, dots spinning so I decided to secure erase the...
  6. Stuck in bios, cannot install windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My computer sometimes waits too long/gets stuck on the bios screen where a circular icon...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer sometimes waits too long/gets stuck on the bios screen where a circular icon...: My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 rev 2.1, the PC sometimes gets stuck on a screen where it says Gigabyte in big letters and there's a circular turning icon, right after when it's supposed to launch 64 bit Windows 10 Pro.Why does it happen ? What can I do ?...
  8. My computer sometimes waits too long/gets stuck on the bios screen where a circular icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer sometimes waits too long/gets stuck on the bios screen where a circular icon...: My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 rev 2.1, the PC sometimes gets stuck on a screen where it says Gigabyte in big letters and there's a circular turning icon, right after when it's supposed to launch 64 bit Windows 10 Pro.Why does it happen ? What can I do ?...
  9. My computer sometimes waits too long/gets stuck on the bios screen where a circular icon...

10. Stuck at sign-in circular loading animation after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at sign-in circular loading animation after reboot: I upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 through Microsoft's updater. I used Windows 10 for web browsing and then after my use, I shut the computer down. After my first reboot, OS crashed several times and sent me to the recovery page. Steps I took: 1. Reset system (keep...