Windows 10: Computer resets monitor settings

Discus and support Computer resets monitor settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My monitor display is dim. I adjust the monitor settings, but a few minutes later they automatically reset to their previous levels. I have turned off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dustin DeWind, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Computer resets monitor settings

My monitor display is dim. I adjust the monitor settings, but a few minutes later they automatically reset to their previous levels. I have turned off adaptive brightness and changed my power plan to high performance, but to no effect.

:)

Dustin DeWind, Sep 20, 2019
  2. FAXA Win User

Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Computer resets monitor settings

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Computer resets monitor settings

1. Computer resets monitor settings - Similar Threads - Computer resets monitor

2. Windows 11 Turning off monitor resets settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Turning off monitor resets settings: Yesterday I installed a LG 27" Ultragear monitor, with the displayport cable to my computer.I got a Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 GPU and running Windows 11Every time I turn off this monitor, my 2nd monitor becomes my main monitor. When turning the monitor back on, Windows 11 sees...
  3. Windows 11 Turning off monitor resets settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Turning off monitor resets settings: Yesterday I installed a LG 27" Ultragear monitor, with the displayport cable to my computer.I got a Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 GPU and running Windows 11Every time I turn off this monitor, my 2nd monitor becomes my main monitor. When turning the monitor back on, Windows 11 sees...
  4. reset this computer to adult settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reset this computer to adult settings: reset this computer to adult settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-this-computer-to-adult-settings/2ff0e724-2610-4f48-8065-dd2386e6cffc
  5. reset this computer to adult settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset this computer to adult settings: reset this computer to adult settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-this-computer-to-adult-settings/2ff0e724-2610-4f48-8065-dd2386e6cffc
  6. Reset display and setting 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset display and setting 4k monitor: I have just bought my new 4K monitor. I connected it to my laptop and it is working beautifully. I put my laptop in stand-up for a while. Then, when I reopened it, I couldn't connect my screen anymore it is working with another laptop than the monitor is working. In the...
  7. resetting computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    resetting computer to factory settings: I am going to be returning a laptop I bought and want to reset it to factory settings. I know how to do that but is the laptop going to want me to set up an account again once it's done it's reset? I don't want to have to do that because I want the computer to be clean when I...
  8. How to reset all the setting on my monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset all the setting on my monitors: I resently got a second monitor. For about a week everything was normal. Then weird things started happening (you can go to my previous post to see what), but no one offered any help with fixing it. So now I would like to know how to reset all the settings with my monitors....
  9. Need to reset computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to reset computer to factory settings: My computer went into automatic repair and it couldn't repair it. I have tried resetting my computer from all the advanced options and none of them are working. I can get to system restore and to the config, boot and security options. I think I need to reset to factory key...
  10. Computer reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer reset to factory settings: Windows took an update yesterday. I turned it on today and it has totally reverted to factory settings but still has all my icons for programs. Do i need to just start over like it is a new computer? My carbonite does not recognize the microsoft sign on so i can put...