Windows 10: Computer restart also lauching 2 Word windows

Discus and support Computer restart also lauching 2 Word windows in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Very strange - never seen or heard anything like this. When I restart, or shut down and start up, my computer, it boots up and then immediately opens... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by enso, May 2, 2019.

1. enso Win User

Computer restart also lauching 2 Word windows

Very strange - never seen or heard anything like this. When I restart, or shut down and start up, my computer, it boots up and then immediately opens two new document windows for MS Word.

How do I get it to stop doing this?

:)

enso, May 2, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer restart also lauching 2 Word windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 2, 2019
  3. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, May 2, 2019
  4. Computer restart also lauching 2 Word windows

little cat, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Computer restart also lauching 2 Word windows

1. Computer restart also lauching 2 Word windows - Similar Threads - Computer restart lauching

2. lauching troubleshooting. Issues while lauching TEAMS Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lauching troubleshooting. Issues while lauching TEAMS Application: When I launch a phone call with Teams, the result is that the application goes closing. I tried on an other desktop with the same profile, and the application run perfectly....
  3. lauching troubleshooting. Issues while lauching TEAMS Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lauching troubleshooting. Issues while lauching TEAMS Application: When I launch a phone call with Teams, the result is that the application goes closing. I tried on an other desktop with the same profile, and the application run perfectly....
  4. Roblox cannot lauch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox cannot lauch: I lauch roblox but it open and close very fast . I already search to fix like repair ,reset app.But it not fix. Video https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-cannot-lauch/86c3d3dd-7977-4681-9b77-019415e86b4f
  5. My computer restarts randomly and also restarts if i click the supend button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restarts randomly and also restarts if i click the supend button: i think this started happening only a month ago after updating but i woudnt be too sure as im not very tech knowledgeable, whenever i leave my computer idle instead of suspending it restarts and it also restarts after manually clicking the suspend button. it dosent happen if...
  6. Settings App Not Lauching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings App Not Lauching?: Hello, So recently, I was downloading a game but my power went out. After that, I couldn't open the settings app. Every other app worked, only the settings one. Every time I try to launch the settings app, it gets stuck on the cog icon and doesn't show all of the settings....
  7. No Sound On Computer, Troubleshooter Not Working, Restarting Windows Audio also not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound On Computer, Troubleshooter Not Working, Restarting Windows Audio also not Working: Hello all, I recently booted up my PC, and noticed that I had no audio. I tried to run the Troubleshooter, to which it states, "Problems found, one or more audio service isn't running. Not Fixed." After receiving this message and looking around online, I found myself in...
  8. app lauching error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    app lauching error: hi, Usually, when an application is loading on the taskbar the icon has an orange background and when one opens it, the icon automatically loses the orange colouring. this, however, doesn't happen with my PC. the color of the icon background stays orange even after I open...
  9. Sea of thieves no lauch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves no lauch: Hello i have a problem i click on lauch botton and i see logo and game off HELP ME .. RIP MONEY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves-no-lauch/1ed2a330-24e8-465a-9f9c-f86154fc73f3
  10. settings doesn't lauch

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings doesn't lauch: settings doesn't lauch or open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-doesnt-lauch/611b1858-d547-4b10-8f53-e86fd873207c