Windows 10: Computer restart although a click on shutdown

Discus and support Computer restart although a click on shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If I click on Shut down (see attached picture) my computer restarts. Do you know how can I solve this? 135013 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by puertas12, Jun 18, 2019.

1. puertas12 Win User

Computer restart although a click on shutdown

If I click on Shut down (see attached picture) my computer restarts. Do you know how can I solve this?

:)

puertas12, Jun 18, 2019
  2. little cat, Jun 18, 2019
  3. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Computer restart although a click on shutdown

computer will not shutdown or restart.

Try clearing page file at shutdown:
    CAUTION: This dramatically slows down shutdown times but hopefully it solves your problem.
    ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

Computer restart although a click on shutdown [​IMG]

spearman914, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Computer restart although a click on shutdown

1. Computer restart although a click on shutdown - Similar Threads - Computer restart although

2. PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem: My laptop showed this weird problem of rebooting within 5 seconds of clicking shut down.As usual I looked up and tried to follow all possible fixes but none of them seemed to workBelow are the fixes I attempted1 Turning Off all services clean boot environment to identify...
  3. Computer restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after shutdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigBossXDiana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m6gx5r/computer_restarts_after_shutdown/
  4. Computer restarts after shutdown

Computer restarts after shutdown: Hello, A while ago, my pc started to restart after I try to shut it down. The things that I have already tried is: -using cmd to shutdown -disabling fast boot -disabling wake timers both in advanced power settings and task scheduler -disabling auto restart after...
  5. computer randomly restarts or shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly restarts or shutdowns: So every now and then I open my computer and find out that it was shut down. At first, I thought it was a windows update, but I don't know anymore. the error I see in the event viewer system log is 6008 "The previous system shutdown at 1:59:50 on ‎20/‎09/‎2020 was...
  6. Windows 10 restarts after clicking shutdown

Windows 10 restarts after clicking shutdown: I have disabled the fastboot(recommended power option) And changed the winlogon settings in regedit Still doesn't work submitted by /u/leegokul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egp8tp/windows_10_restarts_after_clicking_shutdown/
  7. Computer won't restart/shutdown

Computer won't restart/shutdown: Let me start off by saying that I have 25+ years in windows (workstation and server) but I need a second set of eyes on this. Issue: Computer will not restart or shutdown. Behavior: On shutdown or restart, it goes through the normal process, monitors turn off, but the...
  8. Windows 10 restarting although I click on shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 restarting although I click on shut down: Dear community, If I click on shut down the computer shuts down. Have anyone had this problem before and knows how to solve it? Cheers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restarting-although-i-click-on-shut/4a228827-371f-4633-bf0f-050f6f7e19e5
  9. Computer restarts after selecting shutdown

Computer restarts after selecting shutdown: I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop that when I hit shutdown in the start menu, it will restart instead. At the sign in screen I can press shutdown and it will work fine, but it is just annoying to have to wait and press shutdown again. Also it is a clean install of...
  10. Computer automatically restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts after shutdown: Windows 10 kept wanting to restart after it has been shutdown. The computer would have its power indicator turned off for maybe 2 seconds, then you hear the fan whirling and the BIOS screen appears followed by the usual boot process. I don't know how this would help, but...