Windows 10: Computer restart randomly probably due to scheduler task running

Discus and support Computer restart randomly probably due to scheduler task running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I want to setup a scheduler task which just run some SQLlite commands every 10 minutes. However, it probably cause the compute to restart. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tdakuma, Oct 30, 2017.

1. tdakuma Win User

Computer restart randomly probably due to scheduler task running

Hi,

I want to setup a scheduler task which just run some SQLlite commands every 10 minutes. However, it probably cause the compute to restart. When I disable the task, the restart issue seems to stop.

I attached the dump/log files collected using the log collector.

:)

tdakuma, Oct 30, 2017
  2. bru20 Win User

Automatic Update broke Windows Defender

Yes its really ridiculous. I have four computers configured exactly the same in terms of a creating a scheduled task to run a daily quick scan. I also disabled the System Maintenance scan in task scheduler. Yet:

1. One computer will only run a Quick Scan if the computer is on at the exact time it is scheduled. Even though under settings it is set to run the task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed. AFAICT it will not ever run a missed scan.

2. Other computers will randomly run a Quick Scan even if the scheduled scan has been run. I assume this is the Automatic Maintenance scan, but as I mentioned that task is definitely disabled in Task Scheduler.

There are other quirks, but those mentioned are enough of a problem. Frankly the whole thing makes me want to dump Defender and get AVG or Avast or whatever.

bru20, Oct 30, 2017
  3. A scheduled restart is not happening on some computers.

Hi. I have some computers which are not restarting when a scheduled task should be telling them to restart. I do not know why, and I am hoping someone could help me figure that out. I created a group policy object that creates a scheduled task to restart
    certain computers at a specific time every week. The computers are desktop PC's running Windows 10. The task is created as expected. Most of the computers restart as instructed. Some of the computers are not restarting. The restart is scheduled for a time
    in the middle of the night when no one is working. The task has been in place for several weeks, so the problem machines have had a number of chances to comply.

Joshua Lavin, Oct 30, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

There is a driver on your system which is implicated in the crash. My guess is that it has something to do with VMWare. Are you able to remove this and test again?

Code: Unable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\vnetflt.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vnetflt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vnetflt.sys 2: kd> lmvm vnetflt Browse full module list start end module name fffff880`01aef000 fffff880`01aff000 vnetflt T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: vnetflt.sys Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\vnetflt.sys Image name: vnetflt.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Fri Jun 21 08:43:26 2013 (51C4041E) CheckSum: 00015642 ImageSize: 00010000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

philc43, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Computer restart randomly probably due to scheduler task running - Similar Threads - Computer restart randomly

2. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is not running randomly: Hi, I had set up jobs in Task Scheduler in my computer but part of them are not running up as scheduled time. What's the reason to lead this issue? What if I had set up too many jobs in Task Scheulder? Is Window version too old be the reason?...
  3. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is not running randomly: Hi, I had set up jobs in Task Scheduler in my computer but part of them are not running up as scheduled time. What's the reason to lead this issue? What if I had set up too many jobs in Task Scheulder? Is Window version too old be the reason?...
  4. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  6. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  7. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Scheduled Task Not Running, Triggered Randomly

Scheduled Task Not Running, Triggered Randomly: I have a task set up to run one time on a scheduled time. Sleep settings set to never. I can put it for example 1 hour away from now and leave my computer idle. The task does not run then my computer discharges. When i turn on computer normally, task is then triggered even...
  9. Scheduled task not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  10. Task Scheduler Not Running

Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...