Windows 10: Computer Restarted While Sfc /Scannow Running

Discus and support Computer Restarted While Sfc /Scannow Running in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if it is bad if I restart my computer while a sfc /scannow command was running. This happened today and I was wondering if this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TechTime305, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Computer Restarted While Sfc /Scannow Running

Hello,

I was wondering if it is bad if I restart my computer while a sfc /scannow command was running. This happened today and I was wondering if this could cause any damage to my system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

TechTime305, Jan 19, 2019

2. sfc /scannow "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"

Hi,

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is an error which may occur if you are trying to run the System File Checker tool (SFC /SCANNOW) to scan and repair Windows system files. To resolve this error, we suggest that you follow the
    steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open run command box.
    • In the run command box, type services.msc, and press
      Enter.
    • In the list of services, double click the Windows Modules Installer service.
    • Set the startup type to Auto, and click OK.
    • Restart your computer.
    • After the restart, you'll be able to run the sfc /scannow command without any problems.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Problem running "sfc /scannow" Error :There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the following command in the Windows Recovery Environment Command prompt.

Follow these steps:

• ​On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart (in the lower-right corner of the screen).

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.

• Select “Command Prompt”.

• Type this command and hit enter.
    dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

Step 2: Restart and boot the computer in Safe mode

Follow the steps from the link “Start your computer in safe mode Windows 10” to boot the computer in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Step 3: Perform System File Check (SFC) while the computer is in Safe mode

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: It may ask for Windows DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Computer Restarted While Sfc /Scannow Running

SFC scannow not working but verify only is working

there is no problem in chkdsk I've checked When I select command prompt and sfc scannow from f8 and repair.. it shows that a reboot is required for pending repair and pending renames folder in winsxs is full of files.. what should I do??

ELiTRiGG3R, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Computer Restarted While Sfc /Scannow Running

1. Computer Restarted While Sfc /Scannow Running - Similar Threads - Computer Restarted While

2. sfc\scannow was just run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc\scannow was just run.: i ran sfc /scannow after it say windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them for online Repairs details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.logs. for example c:\windowns\logs\CBS.log for oflinerapirs details are...
  3. sfc\scannow was just run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc\scannow was just run.: i ran sfc /scannow after it say windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them for online Repairs details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.logs. for example c:\windowns\logs\CBS.log for oflinerapirs details are...
  4. Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command: Hello,When I run sfc /scannow command, it showing me that 'sfc scannow finds some corrupted files but unable to fix them'. When I checked CBS logs, I found these error messages-1. DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vmbusr.sys:...
  5. Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command

Encountering errors while running sfc /scannow command: Hello,When I run sfc /scannow command, it showing me that 'sfc scannow finds some corrupted files but unable to fix them'. When I checked CBS logs, I found these error messages-1. DEPLOY [Pnp] Failed repairing file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\vmbusr.sys:...
  6. Cannot run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run sfc /scannow: Hi,Believing my Windows installation had some missing or corrupted files, I tried to run sfc /scannow in my command prompt. But I got the error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.I already tried to:- Run the command prompt as...
  7. Cannot run sfc /scannow

Cannot run sfc /scannow: Hi,Believing my Windows installation had some missing or corrupted files, I tried to run sfc /scannow in my command prompt. But I got the error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.I already tried to:- Run the command prompt as...
  8. cannot run sfc / scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot run sfc / scannow: In cmd prompt I get this message when attempting to run sfc/scannow:"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use sfc/scannnow"How do I resolve this?...
  9. cannot run sfc / scannow

cannot run sfc / scannow: In cmd prompt I get this message when attempting to run sfc/scannow:"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use sfc/scannnow"How do I resolve this?...
  10. Cannot run SFC/scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run SFC/scannow: Dear all, Tried all sorts of remedies for above problem, nothing seems to work. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-run-sfcscannow/85432df1-6503-4753-bdd6-932c282071ca

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfc system repair pending 2012

2. will procmon run if computer is restarted

3. can i use computer while running sfc /scannow