Windows 10: Computer restarting and BSODs

Discus and support Computer restarting and BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, now I'm desperate with my pc. I keep getting random restarts without any screen, freezes and BSODs that say: KERNEL-SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Razgriz14, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Razgriz14 Win User

Computer restarting and BSODs

Hello, now I'm desperate with my pc. I keep getting random restarts without any screen, freezes and BSODs that say:

KERNEL-SECURITY-CHECK-FAILURE

IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL

I ran memtest and it showed no issues.

:)

Razgriz14, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Apr 7, 2020
  3. mystikl Win User
    Computer restarting

I took out one of the sticks and it's working now. RAM wasn't on my list cause I thought bad ram would give BSODs not restarts. Boy was I wrong! Thanks for the help i789.

EDIT: I ran the Windows 7 memory stability test on the remaining stick and it passed the test. Half an hour later the comp crashed again. Is it still the RAM?

mystikl, Apr 7, 2020
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Computer restarting and BSODs [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer restarting and BSODs - Similar Threads - Computer restarting BSODs

2. Computer restarts endlessly with BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts endlessly with BSoD: In general. I sat and calmly played Hearthstone and watched videos. At some point, the screen froze, the picture floated and a blue screen appeared with the error "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" I climbed the Internet and found solutions to the problem.BUT, the problem is that...
  3. Computer restarts endlessly with BSoD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts endlessly with BSoD: In general. I sat and calmly played Hearthstone and watched videos. At some point, the screen froze, the picture floated and a blue screen appeared with the error "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" I climbed the Internet and found solutions to the problem.BUT, the problem is that...
  4. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  5. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  6. Computer Restarts, no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarts, no BSOD: Hello,I noticed before that my computer would restart itself when playing certain games like Red Dead Redemption. Recently however, it did that out of nowhere when I just had it running in the background playing music. Below are my specs and the errors I found in the Event...
  7. Computer Restarts, no BSOD

Computer Restarts, no BSOD: Hello,I noticed before that my computer would restart itself when playing certain games like Red Dead Redemption. Recently however, it did that out of nowhere when I just had it running in the background playing music. Below are my specs and the errors I found in the Event...
  8. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD On Computer Restarts.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD On Computer Restarts.: So, I'e had my computer for 2 years or so. And It has served me well. But all of the sudden about a year ago whenever i would restart my computer the Memory_Management BSOD would pop up. Let me be clear : this occurs ONLY on restart not shutdown or sleep. I've run memtest86,...
  9. Computer Randomly Restarts (No BSOD)

Computer Randomly Restarts (No BSOD): After months of searching I checked the event Viewer and found It's the Kernel-Power Problem. The problem did not occur in safe mode but it did in a Clean Boot. I have the "Details" I do not know what most of this means so, experts of Microsoft help me figure this out...
  10. Computer BSOD force restart

Computer BSOD force restart: It's happened twice in the last hour. Checked reliability info: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 133 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: 501 Parameter 3: 500 Parameter 4: fffff803740fb378 OS version: 10_0_17134 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version:...