Windows 10: Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates,

Discus and support Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates, in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every day and sometimes twice a day my computer restarts itself with no warning and I am getting really pi**ed with it, sometimes I get a warling to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Johnboy2gb, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates,

Every day and sometimes twice a day my computer restarts itself with no warning and I am getting really pi**ed with it, sometimes I get a warling to say its restarting but for the major part nothing shows it just shuts down, I have done everything that microsoft suggested and I am at the stage now where I just want to block microsoft accessing my computer for ANYTHING so what files do I need to delete to stop them doing it, I have had enough of the **** and at times shutting down at very important times.

:)

Johnboy2gb, Oct 9, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates, :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 9, 2019
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 twice in a day

Hi,

I apologies for the delay in response.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Are you able to boot to desktop screen?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: System File Checker

I suggest you to run System File Checker (SFC Scan) as this could be an issue with corrupt system files.
    System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Refer to the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Also applies for Windows 10

Method 2: DISM

• Open Command Prompt with administrator access.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • After the repair is complete, restart your computer and try updating now.

If you are not able to boot to desktop screen, I suggest you to boot your computer in Safe Mode and follow the steps provided above.

Method 3: Safe Mode.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press
      ENTER.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates,

Hi,

This issue might be due to changes on Settings after an update.

We would like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Are you using Microsoft account to sign-in into the user account?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try the steps provided below:

• Right click Start Button or press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • In the Settings app, navigate to Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • On the Sign-in options screen, scroll down and under
      Privacy section, turn Off the Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart option.
    • Close Settings app and restart the machine, check if the issue is resolved.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates,

1. Computer restarting itself twice a day for damn updates, - Similar Threads - Computer restarting itself

2. Damn updates!~!~

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Damn updates!~!~: Cool edit does run in windows ten at least it did for me for the past 4 years now all the sudden zip!! ****!! tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now Mine you it not the output Playing just fine, it's recording mode zip nothing in any program will not record!! even installed...
  3. Damn updates!~!~

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Damn updates!~!~: Cool edit does run in windows ten at least it did for me for the past 4 years now all the sudden zip!! ****!! tried uninstalling and reinstalling, now Mine you it not the output Playing just fine, it's recording mode zip nothing in any program will not record!! even installed...
  4. BSOD twice a day

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD twice a day: Hello,I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise installed. Each BSOD it is either SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Let me know what other info I can provide, I was working in Outlook and Excel when these crashes first occurred. I have...
  5. No BSOD Computer Restart itself on 1st day power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No BSOD Computer Restart itself on 1st day power on: Since i replace my PSU in December 2020 i is running fine until February 2021. Corsair RM650 bnew. It usually occurs on 1st day power on. Last month i noticed that in event viewer my Drive E: has bad sector then i run check disk C: and E: then the error disappear. Im getting...
  6. BSoD twice in three days while attempting to restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSoD twice in three days while attempting to restart: My computer has Bluescreen'd twice very recently while trying to restart, once in the middle of a Windows update. Since recently some kind of failure during an update made me have to reset my PC, naturally I'm very concerned. Both stop codes were DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE....
  7. Computer BSODs once/twice a day.

Computer BSODs once/twice a day.: Hi, I recently have wiped my computer. I wiped it because I was getting a lot of BSODs. After wiping, I started noticing fewer BSODs, but still, I get BSODs once/twice a day. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks....
  8. Bsod twice a day

Bsod twice a day: Hello, im runing win 10 pro V1909 I experience BSOD lately, about twice a day for the past week. attached is the log file, I would really appreciate your help with this! Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. thank you in advance!...
  9. Computer Freezes & Restarts Itself Multiple Times a Day After Windows Update

Computer Freezes & Restarts Itself Multiple Times a Day After Windows Update: [ATTACH] KB4471324 is the update that seems to have failed. I'm not sure if the computer shut down, battery died, went to sleep etc. when the update was originally happening but it failed and continued to fail when it attempted to retry. I found the update via the many...
  10. The computer restarts itself

The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...