Windows 10: Computer restarting repeatedly since a 'quality' update

Discus and support Computer restarting repeatedly since a 'quality' update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was prompted to do a 'quality update' on 16 May 2020, which I did overnight. Since then, my computer has restarted repeatedly, even when I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidAPT, May 17, 2020.

1. DavidAPT Win User

Computer restarting repeatedly since a 'quality' update

I was prompted to do a 'quality update' on 16 May 2020, which I did overnight. Since then, my computer has restarted repeatedly, even when I am not using it. When I return to it all my apps and documents have been closed.

The updates were 2020-05 Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4552931 and 2020-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4556799.

So far, no harm done and no work lost, but major irritation! Please make it stop!

:)

DavidAPT, May 17, 2020
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, May 17, 2020
  3. repeatedly restarting

Hi,

Having damaged system files can be one of the possible reasons why your computer is restating unexpectedly and repeatedly. To help us provide better assistance, we would need you to answer the following questions.

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when your laptop is repeatedly restarting?

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot to your device. This
    link
    provides further information about how clean boot works and how to perform a clean boot in Windows devices.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 17, 2020
  4. Computer restarting repeatedly since a 'quality' update

Windows 10 crashed and restarting repeatedly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and inconvenience. We are glad to help you.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

I would suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the pc and restart the pc to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

Ensure to plug in the power cord to the socket and check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

After getting to the desktop screen, ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers from Device Manager. Once this is done restart the computer to check the status.

Hope the issue will be resolved. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Computer restarting repeatedly since a 'quality' update

1. Computer restarting repeatedly since a 'quality' update - Similar Threads - Computer restarting repeatedly

2. PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreen repeatedly since updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bluescreen repeatedly since updates: I have been getting these bluescreens constantly, usually once a day or every two days, and it only seems to have happened in the last month or so since windows forced a series of updates on me. Windows Update breaking my computers has been an ongoing issue for me over the...
  3. Since July 8th KB5004945 quality update locked out of computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Since July 8th KB5004945 quality update locked out of computer.: Since July 8th KB5004945 quality update, I have not been able to sign-in into my local computer, PIN unavailable, unable to reset PIN, password doesn't work and can't reset it either.Sequence of events, after the update installed, I was logged in successfully for half a day...
  4. since last windows 10 update the computer freezes on the restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    since last windows 10 update the computer freezes on the restart: Since the last windows 10 update my computer locks up on the restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-last-windows-10-update-the-computer-freezes/7aa32692-972f-49b0-b491-405c94da19e4
  5. Windows 10 Quality Update failure since 1803

Windows 10 Quality Update failure since 1803: My bottomline issue is that Windows 10 'quality' updates have been failing to complete since 1803. Feature updates complete successfully. Message received is currently "2020-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4537762) (92) Last failed...
  6. Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly: Hi Guys/Girls. First off English is not my best language im Afrikaans and from south Africa. I Built my wife a computer that she can use in the office. it was fine for years. So after doing a Gpu Upgrade and also rebuilding the Pc into a new pretty Pink case with Rgb lights...
  7. Cannot reset my computer, and computer is restarting repeatedly.

Cannot reset my computer, and computer is restarting repeatedly.: Hi I was noticing that the performance of some of my games had dropped recently, and I figured it was about time to do a full reset of it to start over from a clean slate. I searched for the reset function for my PC, and started the process. After waiting a little while, it...
  8. Computer Repeatedly Restarting - iaStorAC.sys

Computer Repeatedly Restarting - iaStorAC.sys: Hello All, Trying to research this issue on my own lead me here so I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I built a computer with new hardware a few days ago and did a fresh install of windows 10 pro. Several times a day I find that my computer has restarted itself. I...
  9. Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?: I can no longer select the print quality (e.g. draft etc.) when I open a PDF from Microsoft Edge (previously under "Other settings")... has it been painted or are they hiding somewhere else? Drucker:Seit dem letzten Windows Update keine Druckqualitätseinstellung mehr?
  10. Restarting computer since updates messes with second monitor

Restarting computer since updates messes with second monitor: So starting September 6th when I did the update KB4346783 any time I have to restart my computer I lose display on my second monitor. Now the monitor is still on and acting like its here, but is just black. I have to go and uninstall my graphics driver to make it display...