Windows 10: Computer Restarting Unexpectedly

Discus and support Computer Restarting Unexpectedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has recently been unexpectedly restarting ever since the I had to reinstall and restore windows because the windows boot was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Harry_Hart, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Computer Restarting Unexpectedly

My computer has recently been unexpectedly restarting ever since the I had to reinstall and restore windows because the windows boot was unexpectadlycorrupted while I was away from the computer.I reinstalled when I got the chance and now it randomly crashes and reboots. I thought at first it was a power problem, so I installed a MUCH beefier PSU and it has certainly helped the problem. But still every so often it crashes with no warning and no "unexpected" on reboot message. The event log counts this as a "Fatal Hardware Error". The other interesting thing is that the computer doesn't complete

:)

Harry_Hart, Jun 16, 2021
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jun 16, 2021
  3. JamshedMuhammad Khan, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Computer Restarting Unexpectedly

"The computer restarted unexpectedly..." error after boot problems

After updating to Windows 1903 my computer was showing the message "Reboot and select proper boot device". After following the fix listed here I ran into a new problem.
    The first time I booted up my SSD after applying those fixes, I was met with "Windows is updating" screen and its progress was around 48%. After about a minute it restarted itself. Upon booting up I got a message that said "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, and then restart the installation."

Most of the fixes for this problem suggest using shift+F10 and opening command prompt and going to regedit. But I can't access command prompt no matter what I do. Shift+F10 does not open anything. Pressing OK on the prompt simply restarts the computer and brings me back to the same message. Is there any fix for this besides reinstalling? Thanks in advance.

Pantsface16, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Computer Restarting Unexpectedly

1. Computer Restarting Unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Computer Restarting Unexpectedly

2. The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...: I tried resetting my PC Asus it got to 98% and now I keep getting this message - “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click. Ok to restart the computer, and then restart the...
  3. The computer restarted unexpected or encountered an unexpected error.Windows installation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer restarted unexpected or encountered an unexpected error.Windows installation...: The computer restarted unexpected or encountered an unexpected error.Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click "ok" to restart the computer, and than restart the installation but cant....
  4. Computer Restarted Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarted Unexpectedly: After about an hour and a half break I returned to my computer and noticed that it restarted unexpectedly. I went to Even Viewer and noticed this error entry:Event 1001, Bug Check param1 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000,...
  5. Computer Restarted Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarted Unexpectedly: After about an hour and a half break I returned to my computer and noticed that it restarted unexpectedly. I went to Even Viewer and noticed this error entry:Event 1001, Bug Check param1 0x000000d1 0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000,...
  6. Computer Restarted Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer Restarts Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Restarts Unexpectedly: submitted by /u/Trofer15 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8o799/computer_restarts_unexpectedly/
  8. "The computer restarted unexpectedly" loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The computer restarted unexpectedly" loop: I keep getting the same error every single time, and every time I click "OK" the same thing happens. I have also tried to get into the Advanced Recovery tools, but the same result happens. Also, I can't access CMD because my keyboard is a Bluetooth keyboard, and will only...
  9. “The computer restarted unexpectedly...”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    “The computer restarted unexpectedly...”: So I’m currently stuck in a looping “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.” I’ve tried hitting Shift + F10, but nothing happens. I’m on a Surface laptop right now. Any help would be appreciated. Also cant enter in safe mode...
  10. Stuck on “The computer restarted unexpectedly...”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on “The computer restarted unexpectedly...”: So I’m currently stuck in a looping “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.” I’ve tried hitting Shift + F10, but nothing happens. I’m on a Surface laptop right now. Any help would be appreciated....