Windows 10: Computer restarts after sleep

Discus and support Computer restarts after sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have tried:powercfg/lastwake shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gurshan Singh, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Computer restarts after sleep

whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have triedComputer restarts after sleep :powercfg/lastwake shows nothingclean boot didn't helpPlease help me out

:)

Gurshan Singh, Mar 21, 2023
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Computer restarts after sleep 347450d1633033035t-computer-sleep-option-missing-settings-image.png

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Computer restarts after sleep

This is a returning Problem. In late Sept. my computer would restart after shutdown and after sleep. I found a suggestion to turn off "fast start". That solved the problem of restarting after shutdown, but not after sleep. I then found a suggestion to
    change to "Notify to schedule resart" in Windows Update Advanced settings. That solved the restart after sleep issue, UNTILL today, Oct 11. After working fine for about two weeks it restarts upon going to sleep. I did a restore back a few days to when it
    worked, but that did not help.

There were no updates installed in the last two or three days and no new programs added.

Any ideas from here????

DavidWitte, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Computer restarts after sleep

Computer sleeps, then restarts

This is a continuing problem. It started about 3 weeks ago when it would not stay in sleep mode (it would restart) and it would restart after shutdown. I unchecked "turn on fast start" which solved the restart after shutdown problem. After further searching
    I changed windows update to "Notify to schedule restart". That solved the restart after sleep problem until three days ago. The problem is now back. After further searching I ran the Windows System File Checker and it found no problems. I have tried several
    suggestions of turning off various sleep related options in device manager but none solved the problem. I restarted the computer in safe mode and it did sleep without restarting. No new programs were added.

I have changed the settings to turn off the screen in 5 minutes but sleep in 30. After 30 minutes the computer sleeps and restarts. The screen comes on for five minutes and the cycle repeats itself.

Any other ideas?????

DavidWitte, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Computer restarts after sleep

1. Computer restarts after sleep - Similar Threads - Computer restarts sleep

2. Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting after I put it in sleep mode randomly: I have been having a persistent issue with my PC restarting randomly while in sleep mode. I have shut off the network adapter in power management settings to stop my network connection from rebooting randomly during the night. Over the past few days my computer now will...
  3. Computer restarts after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts after sleep: whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have tried:powercfg/lastwake shows nothingclean boot didn't helpPlease help me out...
  4. Computer restarts after being put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer restarts after being put to sleep.: Hi all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my laptop running Windows 10. Whenever I put the computer to sleep (either via the start menu, low battery or by pressing the 'power' button which I've set to put the computer to sleep), often when I go to wake the computer it will...
  5. My computer get restarted after goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer get restarted after goes to sleep.: Good day to everyone, since 2 weeks ago I am having an issue with the sleep mode in my laptop, at the beginning, I started having an issue with my fingerprint unlock, after I resolved it I had an issue with my wifi, the computer shoes that the adaptor had some issue, and...
  6. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  7. computer restarts after shutdown with mouse or when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer restarts after shutdown with mouse or when it goes to sleep: when my computer goes to sleep it restarts itself a couple second later...the PC revs up very loud and I have to force shutdown...any ideas folks.. 163088
  8. restart after sleeping

restart after sleeping: When the computer is left on until it automatically sleeps, or when I push the sleep button, on returning to use the computer I click the power button and a full screen photo comes up. Normally I would hit the space bar and it would flip to the sign-in page but often, hitting...
  9. Remote Desktop will not connect after sleeping without restarting computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop will not connect after sleeping without restarting computer: Good afternoon, I remote into my work computer while I am working from home and have this intermittent issue, sometimes upon waking my home computer from sleep, I am unable to RDP to my work computer unless I restart my home computer. Some additional information, the RDP...
  10. Restart required after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart required after sleep: Once my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a restart to get any videos to play. On YouTube I get the "If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device." Unfortunately, I get this message for any video on any site after sleep. It's not limited to just Chrome. I...