Windows 10: Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Discus and support Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by H3S4M, Dec 12, 2020.

1. H3S4M Win User

Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Hello dear Sir/Madam,

I hope you are doing well.

I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and closes all the apps. I have checked many ways to fix it like clean boot, turn off fast start up and so on. However, I cannot fix the issue and it is really frustrating which I should complete my work and cannot leave it because after restating nothing can be restored.

Please advise, thanks.

:)

H3S4M, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 12, 2020
  4. capnp72 Win User

Restart when waking laptop from sleep mode

When I wake my HP laptop from sleep mode, it says there is a problem and needs to restart. Then it restarts. It didn't do this until I upgraded to Windows 10. Anyone else have this problem or have suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you for any assistance.

capnp72, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computer restarts wakes

2. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  3. Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode: My computer will 100% crash and restart after waking up from sleep mode. I have tried changing the PSU, set disk turnoff time to never and run sfc/ scannow. I am trying to access the minidump file, but there is none in the folder. Could anyone help me with this situation....
  4. Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer wakes up immediately after putting it in Sleep Mode: Hello everyone, I had had this issue for 2 days, never happened before, I turn off the ability for my mouse to be able to wake up my computer a few weeks ago, only my keyboard can wake it up by pressing any key. lately when i place my computer to sleep it will immediately...
  5. Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes up from sleep mode after the latest update.: First and second time I thought I forgot to put it to sleep, the next time I made sure to remember I have done it and yet when I got back to it the default screen was on. I have no idea how long it stays in sleep mode and when it wakes up....
  6. how to wake up after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to wake up after sleep mode: Dell laptop inspiron 15 3576 windows 10. when I switch laptop to sleep mode , and try to wake up within short time I am able to hit keyboard (wireless keyboard) to wake up. But after about an hour this does not work I have to use power switch. I have made some changes in...
  7. Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.: Most days after waking my PC in the morning after a half hour or so it will freeze, then flicker either a Green , purple or blue screen , then restarts. The PC then operates perfectly normal for the rest of the day, at the end of use I put into sleep mode. I have tried just...
  8. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  9. BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after computer waking up from sleep mode: I've recently formatted my computer not long ago. So my computer would randomly wake up from sleep mode and I went into power settings to check if any wake up times are on but they weren't on. Now after the BSOD if I try to put it to sleep, the lights stays on and won't go to...
  10. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.: Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting...