Windows 10: Computer restarts all desktop icons disappear

Discus and support Computer restarts all desktop icons disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 x64, my computer shuts off for what ever reason, power outage or what not. No error message and when it reboots i have no icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bcoop27, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Bcoop27 Win User

Computer restarts all desktop icons disappear

I am running Windows 10 x64, my computer shuts off for what ever reason, power outage or what not. No error message and when it reboots i have no icons on my desktop. I have checked to see if a new desktop was created and that wasn't it. Normally it is off a restart/shut down of my PC but it does not happen all the time. I have check to see if "view icons" is turned on and it is. I have also checked to see if the show icons in control panel is checked and that is as well. I have also restarted my computer manually to see if it will fix itself and that does not work either.

:)

Bcoop27, Aug 16, 2015

2. Desktop

In windows 10 all desktop icons are gone.

Every time i make new shortcuts and the pc restarts then again all desktop icons disappear.

sujitbansal, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Moving desktop icons freely in Windows 10

If you have pressed a button or something else on your computer and all of your icons on your desktop have disappeared, right-click, press view and click show desktop icons.

Kaira (s.Kaira.Lula), Aug 16, 2015
  4. Bcoop27 Win User

So i think i found the issue. When ever my computer restarts all my desktop icons are removed. I right clicked and went to display settings, then i re-sized my icons/text and hit apply and they came back. I then went back to the 100% that it was set on before and they were all visible once again. Now i am having an issue that once i manually restart my PC all my icons are moved in different locations. Is there a way to save the icon placement so i dont have to continue to fix it each time my PC is restarted?

Bcoop27, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer restarts all desktop icons disappear - Similar Threads - Computer restarts desktop

2. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  3. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart: Hello, my desktop icons disappeared every time after I restart the computer. In this situation, I am not able to open anything, I can only right click of the screen and open the start menu. But if I put the computer to sleep and turn it back on, then all the icons are back...
  4. Windows desktop icons disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All desktop icons disappeared: Hi, After latest Windows 10 update, at first, I realized my desktop icons are being backed up to OneDrive. Then in a few days they, after I am not sure what action, they were all gone from the screen. All I can see now is one icon at the top of the screen, permanently...
  6. All icons disappeared

All icons disappeared: Is there a solution to this problem?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-icons-disappeared/28570738-870a-4386-905d-fa58798dc095
  7. All icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All icons disappeared: I pressed control, then shift, then something else and everything on my screen disappeared other than like my task bar, please help. submitted by /u/ColeFace11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5n823/all_icons_disappeared/
  8. WINDOWS 10 , DISAPPEARED ALL DESKTOP ICONS

WINDOWS 10 , DISAPPEARED ALL DESKTOP ICONS: All Desktop icons disappeared. Even after restart the PC also no change. I think mistakenly I pressed a keyboard I dont know whcih key. Even if I right click on desktop not working. How to come back to previous desktop. Please comment....
  9. Issue: All icons on the desktop disappeared

Issue: All icons on the desktop disappeared: We had recently faced an issue with our desktop, when we turn our PC on, we can't see any folders, shortcuts or saved files on the desktop anymore. It seems like everything disappeared from the desktop, and we need now to recover all the folders, shortcuts and files on the...
  10. Desktop Icon disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon disappears: Hello, I'm trying to research this issue for a small software company I work for. one of the most common issues I seem to see lately is that our customers are telling us that their shortcut to our program is disappearing from their desktop of their workstation computers....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comptuer reboots itself to no icons