Windows 10: Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes

Discus and support Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about 3 weeks now, if I leave my computer alone for a few minutes, it either restarts, freezes, or crashes. When it freezes, there isn't anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amber Gibbs, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes

For about 3 weeks now, if I leave my computer alone for a few minutes, it either restarts, freezes, or crashes.

When it freezes, there isn't anything I can do but shut it down. Any kind of input doesn't do anything. If it crashes, I get a blue Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes :( screen and it gets stuck on 0%, so assuming that it froze, again, my only choice is to shut it down.

I've read other posts about this but I haven't found a working solution. So, is there any way I can fix this? It can get really frustrating sometimes.

:)

Amber Gibbs, Dec 9, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 9, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 9, 2018
  4. vinsterX Win User

Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes

1. Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes - Similar Threads - Computer Restarts Freezes

2. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  3. Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezes when left Idle for a few minutes: HI I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have been experiencing with the issue where my pc freezes after being left idle for a few minutes. I want having this issue on windows 10 but here on windows 11 I have been experiencing issue.My pc specscpu: ryzen 5...
  4. Computer freezes, crashes, then after a few minutes lists watchdog violation

Computer freezes, crashes, then after a few minutes lists watchdog violation: This issue has been bugging me for a while now. It happens randomly but mostly when I'm browsing. PC would go into a "frozen" state for a few minutes before DPC watchdog violation blue screen appears. Again, it happens randomly, sometimes 2-3 times in a row, then it's fine...
  5. Laptop freezes for a few minutes then crashes and restars.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes for a few minutes then crashes and restars.: Hello everyone, My laptop has a problem where sometimes it randomly freezes for a few minutes,then it crashes and restarts.Event Viewer gives the following information:,,The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001,...
  6. Laptop freezes for a few minutes then crashes and restars.

Laptop freezes for a few minutes then crashes and restars.: Hello everyone, My laptop has a problem where sometimes it randomly freezes for a few minutes,then it crashes and restarts.Event Viewer gives the following information:,,The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001,...
  7. Computer restarts when left idle/untouched for 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts when left idle/untouched for 5 minutes: Yesterday, my computer restarted itself when I left it idle to eat dinner. It happened again when I took a shower. Today, it's happened around 4 times. When I try to put my computer to sleep, it does the same thing and restarts itself. My power & sleep settings are set to...
  8. Computer freezes when idle a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes when idle a few minutes: HP Laptop with Windows 10 Operating system freezes or locks up when sitting idle for a few minutes. First noticed while watching Netflix, video was stuck and there was a buzzing noise. Trying changing browsers, no difference. Next happened while listening to Pandora. Now have...
  9. Laptop keeps freezing if left alone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps freezing if left alone: If I leave my laptop alone for more than a minute or two by not touching it (for example if I was watching a video) it will completely freeze to the point where all I can do is turn the machine off completely and try to restart it. Does anyone know what could be wrong with...
  10. Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes: For the past month or so I have this recurring problem: after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something like that. And when I try to wake it up pressing the power button it REBOOTS (instead of waking up, or at least waking up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop freezes if left alone