Windows 10: Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode

Discus and support Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about 2 days now whenever I try to put my pc into sleep mode every other time it restarts instead and ends up on the blue screen of death with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianTenney1, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode

For about 2 days now whenever I try to put my pc into sleep mode every other time it restarts instead and ends up on the blue screen of death with the system service exception error. Sometimes it will restart saying its repairing my disk drive which is weird because Ive done a scan and nothing is wrong with it.

my specs:

Xfx rx580

X470 msi

Amd ryzen 5 3600

2tb hdd and 500gb hdd

16gb ram

Ubit WiFi 6 card
    evga 600w bronze psu

:)

BrianTenney1, Jan 5, 2021

2. Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep or hibernate

Good afternoon,

My pc shuts down instead of going to sleep. When I press the on/off button, the sleepbutton, close the lid, or click on 'sleep' in the startmenu, my computer "pretends" going to sleep: the ledlight on the case is blinking, as if the system is sleeping.

But, when I want to wake up the computer, it does not wake up, but it restarts. All applications are closed, unsaved work is vanished, et cetera...

The problem is there: 'fast boot' enabeled or not.

The problem has arrived just a couple of days ago, just after a windows upgrade

(which it does without my approval)

What I have already tried (and failed):

Who will help me?

Sincerely,

Brecht

System configuration:

Asus N551jk

Intel Core I7

Gefore GTX 850m

Windows 10

BrechtLauwers, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode

Windows 10 goes to lock screen instead of sleep mode.

My computer has this problem for a while but i haven't found any solution online.

My PC doesn't go to sleep mode by being idle anymore, instead of going to sleep mode it just locks the user and goes to the lock screen.

The only way to go to sleep mode is to put my PC manually.

Did anyone experienced that issue?

Any suggested solutions?

Thanks!

yonatanlib, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode

1. Computer restarts instead of going into sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computer restarts instead

2. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  3. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  4. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  6. Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarts/shuts down instead of going to sleep: After i use my computer for a while and put it to sleep, it doesn’t go to sleep correctly. It either restarts or in the last case i had, shuts down. It used to have start up issues but that was resilved when i replaced my boot drive....
  7. Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep

Computer Shuts Down Instead of Going to Sleep: I posted this same question in July, but I never found a solution, and now the old thread is locked, so here it is again: I have an ASUS Q550LF laptop running Windows 10, 64 bit. Instead of going to sleep, it shuts down. This happens whether I close the lid, let it idle for...
  8. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  9. Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep: About 2 weeks my computer just started shutting down when putting it to sleep. I don't know why it started doing that and i've checked the power options, but that doesn't seem to be the issue submitted by /u/VanishingBlaze [link] [comments]...
  10. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341