Windows 10: Computer restarts randomly

Discus and support Computer restarts randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, over the past two weeks I've had this issue with my computer randomly black screening. The PC itself is still on when it black screens, no beeps or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshB14, Jul 31, 2021.

1. JoshB14 Win User

Computer restarts randomly

Hi, over the past two weeks I've had this issue with my computer randomly black screening. The PC itself is still on when it black screens, no beeps or anything of that nature coming from the motherboard upon restart. It will reboot like normal most of the time sometimes it will give me the "Recovery Screen", but even with troubleshooting, running it in safe mode, uninstalling and reinstalling windows no luck. The computer doesn't really have a preference of when it restarts it will restart while nothing is running at all or if I'm playing games and stressing it a bit. However, at first, I tho

:)

JoshB14, Jul 31, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer restarts randomly :confused:*Mad Computer restarts randomly :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jul 31, 2021
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Computer restarts randomly

Computer restarting randomly

Hi,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with your PC starting randomly. Please answer the questions below:

• When your PC restarts, are you having any error messages?
    • You said you got the computer fixed, do you remember what changes were made to the PC? Is this before changing the power supply or after?

Your response to our queries will be appreciated.

Robert Caw, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Computer restarts randomly

1. Computer restarts randomly - Similar Threads - Computer restarts randomly

2. Computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly restarts: I have Windows 11 installed on a new computer. It will randomly restart several times a day, and there isn't a discernable pattern to it. I've already tried many possible solutions, including a reinstall of Windows 11, BIOS update, and driver updates. I've also run numerous...
  3. Computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly restarts: I have Windows 11 installed on a new computer. It will randomly restart several times a day, and there isn't a discernable pattern to it. I've already tried many possible solutions, including a reinstall of Windows 11, BIOS update, and driver updates. I've also run numerous...
  4. computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly restarts: computer randomly restarts several times a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-restarts/80eac5bf-8137-4a0a-b631-e7cdf0c770e6
  5. computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly restarts: computer randomly restarts several times a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-restarts/80eac5bf-8137-4a0a-b631-e7cdf0c770e6
  6. Computer randomly restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly restarting: I have a 8 year old custom build gaming PC with Windows 10 that up until about a month ago was working with no problems, albeit it was running quite slow. Out of nowhere my computer started restarting with no error message out of the blue and no warning as to it happening. I...
  7. random restarts of the computer

random restarts of the computer: My ASUS laptop keeps on restarting saying "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. ...". I do not know why and I would love to know if it is a setting I can change so that it asks me if I should restart it. I have university exams to take and this is making me...
  8. Computer Random Restart?

Computer Random Restart?: Hello, I am having an issue when I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 580 to a SSD instead of a HDD. My computer`s screen will randomly go black and the GPU fan will spin up a lot? Any solutions?...
  9. Computer randomly restarting

Computer randomly restarting: I just got a new graphics card a gtx 1650 super, so we put in there it worked fine. the next morning however it crashed whenever anything opened. then one time I was able to open a fairly demanding game and play it for a bit then I quit the game and then it crashed my...
  10. Computer Restarts Randomly

Computer Restarts Randomly: This issue has been persisting for a while now and I can't quite wrap my head around it. There are certain games that have been able to cause this repeatedly while other games that should be equally if not more intensive run just fine. For example I can run Red Dead 2 at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 restarting itself