Windows 10: Computer restarts seemingly randomly

Discus and support Computer restarts seemingly randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been struggling with this problem on and off for a few weeks now. At any given point my computer shuts down, then loops restarting itself while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TylerSamuels1, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Computer restarts seemingly randomly

I've been struggling with this problem on and off for a few weeks now. At any given point my computer shuts down, then loops restarting itself while "Preparing auto repair", until it finally outputs Stopcode: WHEA Uncorrectable error. I've spoken with support multiple times and fixed the problem for a few hours, but I'm always on edge since it shuts down soon enough. So far I've reset windows on my PC fully, ran Windows Memory Diagnostics, checked if my RAM was in properly, and ran SFC and DISM to no avail. I attempted to update to update to Windows 2004 version, but mid install my computer restarted. I could test my luck and try to install it again, but I don't even know that that would fix the issue. I can figure out how to upload whatever part of my event viewer is relevant if that would help.

:)

TylerSamuels1, Oct 3, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Computer restarts seemingly randomly :confused:*Mad Computer restarts seemingly randomly :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Oct 3, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Computer restarts seemingly randomly

Pc keeps restarting randomly

Hello

my sons pc restarts every 2-3 days seemingly randomly, no connection to what was being done at the time.

have replaced the power supply and in the process seated all the power connections...temperatures are on the low side...even fitted a better cooler an arctic A11 just to be safe....

wonderd what the mist bvious things are t check...

someone said uninstall the graphic card and drivers and reinstall after a reboot...

not done any any troubleshooting / remedial steps yest apart from the new psu and cooler...

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Computer restarts seemingly randomly

1. Computer restarts seemingly randomly - Similar Threads - Computer restarts seemingly

2. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random: Hi all, for the longest time my PC has been shutting down on me when I was closing video games\while playing them exclusively, but now it's been happening to me even when performing the simplest of tasks like browsing the web or drawing. It's been driving me insane and I've...
  3. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random: Hi all, for the longest time my PC has been shutting down on me when I was closing video games\while playing them exclusively, but now it's been happening to me even when performing the simplest of tasks like browsing the web or drawing. It's been driving me insane and I've...
  4. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly restarts: I have Windows 11 installed on a new computer. It will randomly restart several times a day, and there isn't a discernable pattern to it. I've already tried many possible solutions, including a reinstall of Windows 11, BIOS update, and driver updates. I've also run numerous...
  6. computer randomly restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer randomly restarts: computer randomly restarts several times a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-restarts/80eac5bf-8137-4a0a-b631-e7cdf0c770e6
  7. computer randomly restarts

computer randomly restarts: computer randomly restarts several times a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-restarts/80eac5bf-8137-4a0a-b631-e7cdf0c770e6
  8. Computer randomly restarting

Computer randomly restarting: I just got a new graphics card a gtx 1650 super, so we put in there it worked fine. the next morning however it crashed whenever anything opened. then one time I was able to open a fairly demanding game and play it for a bit then I quit the game and then it crashed my...
  9. Seemingly Random Restarts

Seemingly Random Restarts: I've recently been having an issue with my PC that I built. I have an IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I have an ASUS Motherboard. I have a watercooler along with 5 other fans installed to the case. There was a lot of careful care...
  10. seemingly random freezing of computer

seemingly random freezing of computer: Any help with how to access the log files that might indicate why the computer is freezing It is a brand new install of Windows 10 on a SSD drive, ive tried to update all the drivers and bios... tried some of the usual chkdsk, repair, memory check etc... everything seems to...