Windows 10: Computer restarts w/o warning. been having this problem for months.

Discus and support Computer restarts w/o warning. been having this problem for months. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; what the title says, i need help, ive been fighting this for months. 122202 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LooseDeuce, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Computer restarts w/o warning. been having this problem for months.

what the title says, i need help, ive been fighting this for months.

:)

LooseDeuce, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Nov 24, 2018
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Computer restarts w/o warning. been having this problem for months.

Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Computer restarts w/o warning. been having this problem for months.

1. Computer restarts w/o warning. been having this problem for months. - Similar Threads - Computer restarts warning

2. How to sign a PDF document on your computer w/o printing it up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sign a PDF document on your computer w/o printing it up.: Hi, Was emailed a document that requires my signature. I have Windows 10. Can open it easily, and see the pen logo in the upper right hand corner. Am I supposed to use that and, with my mouse, write my name? How do I save it so I can email the signed document back to the...
  3. I/O problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I/O problem: Hello, Samsung XPRESS C480FW. Can anyone hepl, please? Thanks in advance. herman. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/io-problem/cc33ab71-e260-482a-8d88-879c6c486ed7
  4. Have been trying to do automatic update for months :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have been trying to do automatic update for months :(: I haven't been able to update windows 10 since around April. I'm running Windows 10 version 1803 (OS Build 15063.1155). Windows tries to update, but after restarting and trying to update it freezes at 49% or 52% and gives me an error message saying that it's going to restore...
  5. No BSOD but computer restarts without warning on a regular basis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No BSOD but computer restarts without warning on a regular basis: Hi everyone I'm not sure if this is the correct forum out of all the ones on offer, but as it's about my computer regularly crashing, I thought I'd post this here. If it's incorrect, I apologise...please point me in the direction of a more appropriate forum. Ever since I...
  6. have been having this problem with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    have been having this problem with 100% disk usage: Ok, so i also have been having this problem with 100% disk usage and its been extremely aggravating as absolutely nothing fixes it.... I start up the computer and logon and immediately it shows 100% usage: [img] [img] After maybe 4-10 minutes or so it dies down:...
  7. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?: Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing. Is this possible? Any suggestions appreciated. 37517
  8. Computer restarting without warning/blue screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarting without warning/blue screen.: Hello, I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7 and today I've started experiencing random computer restarts without any blue screen. I've checked temps and ran malware bytes to make sure it was nothing malicious but both were fine. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A...
  9. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...
  10. Computer restarts without warning after log in

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts without warning after log in: So here is my issue. When I log into my computer I can do things from anywhere between 10 minutes to 1 hour before it will just pop up a "restarting" loading screen and reboots. I have tried removing software that was recently installed and unnecessary programs that I...