Windows 10: Computer restarts when lid is Closed

Discus and support Computer restarts when lid is Closed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Asus ROG G750JM and the laptop has started to restart every time i close the lid. When i put the lid backup, it is booting up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ragrag780, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Ragrag780 Win User

Computer restarts when lid is Closed

Hello,

I have an Asus ROG G750JM and the laptop has started to restart every time i close the lid. When i put the lid backup, it is booting up and anything i was doing on Windows Browsers, games,etc is lost. I checked all my power settings and they have not changed. Fully updated Windows and graphics card.

Intel Core I7-4700HQ

NVIDIA GTX 860M

16GB Ram

Thanks

:)

Ragrag780, Mar 21, 2021

2. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Computer restarts when lid is Closed

Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

JoshuaOsandatuwa, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Computer restarts when lid is Closed

1. Computer restarts when lid is Closed - Similar Threads - Computer restarts lid

2. Computer crashes when laptop lid closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when laptop lid closes: I like keeping my laptop closed while I listen to music or videos in the background. However, my computer randomly started immediately crashing when I close it and automatically restarts my entire system. I have looked through my power options, updated my display drivers,...
  3. Computer crashes when laptop lid closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when laptop lid closes: I like keeping my laptop closed while I listen to music or videos in the background. However, my computer randomly started immediately crashing when I close it and automatically restarts my entire system. I have looked through my power options, updated my display drivers,...
  4. Behavior when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Behavior when closing lid: I have long configured my laptop to stay on when I close the lid with it plugged in and to shut down when I close the lid with the plugged pulled. I do this for several reasons but the main reason I prefer this set up is because I can close the lid of my lap top, pull the...
  5. Behavior when closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Behavior when closing lid: I have long configured my laptop to stay on when I close the lid with it plugged in and to shut down when I close the lid with the plugged pulled. I do this for several reasons but the main reason I prefer this set up is because I can close the lid of my lap top, pull the...
  6. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  7. Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid: Hello, Sometimes when I close my laptop lid and leave the PC for sometime 3 hours plus I come back to my machine to find that it has reset itself. As a result of this all of my programmes and files that I had open when I left the device have been closed. I have spent hour...
  8. Computer Not Sleeping on Lid Close

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Not Sleeping on Lid Close: Hi all! I have had a Windows Surface Laptop for 2 years now. Recently, when I close my laptop, the screen does not sleep and the screen light can still be seen. I have checked the Power Options/System Settings and the computer is set to sleep when the lid is closed. Since...
  9. BSOD when closing computer lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when closing computer lid: Hi, every time i close my computer lid, which is supposed to suspend the computer, it instead reboots causing bsod as i can see My computer is an asus n551jx running windows 10. I send the dump file attached thanks for helping Attachment 81023 51042
  10. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop rebooted with screen closed

2. computer restarts after being closed

3. computer rebooted after closing cover