Windows 10: Computer Restarts when playing video games

Discus and support Computer Restarts when playing video games in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer restarts when I play video games. Used to be very infrequent, couple times a month. Now when I play it reliably restarts after about 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MadManMax, Jun 16, 2020.

1. MadManMax Win User

Computer Restarts when playing video games

My computer restarts when I play video games. Used to be very infrequent, couple times a month.

Now when I play it reliably restarts after about 5 minutes in game.

Game in particular is Heroes of the Storm which isn't a very taxing game.

I had it taken in and the issue still persists.

:)

MadManMax, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Computer Restarts when playing video games

losing audio when playing video games

Hi,

To isolate what's causing the issue you're experiencing, kindly provide us with some additional details:

• Were there any recent software or hardware changes made to your system prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve it?
    • Do you experience the issue only when you're playing a certain video game?

Awaiting for your response.

Joanna 777, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Computer Restarts when playing video games

1. Computer Restarts when playing video games - Similar Threads - Computer Restarts playing

2. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  3. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  4. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.: when playing games my computer shuts down completely and restarts when I look into the event viewer I get the kernel-power error 41. A little later into the event viewer i get WHEA-logger error 18....
  5. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.: when playing games my computer shuts down completely and restarts when I look into the event viewer I get the kernel-power error 41. A little later into the event viewer i get WHEA-logger error 18....
  6. Computer crashes and restarts when playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Restart when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart when playing games: My PC keeps restarting at random times when playing games, and it only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 11. I cant revert back because it's been to long, and I already reset the pc to try and fix the issue to no avail....
  8. Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games

Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games: Hi all,This may be a strange problem as I couldn't find any similar problems on the web.The problem is when I use the computer it freezes in short intervals. I am writing an essay and while writing, some letters are not written, some letters are written triple times. It...
  9. Playing a game when the computer restarted

Playing a game when the computer restarted: I just built a new computer recently, and was playing a game when suddenly the computer restarted. I looked into event logs and it showed this. Should I be worried. Thanks. * Original title: windows 10 [ATTACH]...
  10. Computer Hard Restarts when playing games

Computer Hard Restarts when playing games: My Custom built PC hard resets when I am playing any video game. I am attaching the requested logs and am hoping that someone can assist me with attempting to figure out the issue. I have just replaced my video card to a gtx 1070 to attempt to solve this (it didn't). 86790