Windows 10: Computer restarts while using VLC Player

Discus and support Computer restarts while using VLC Player in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I thought it was just a one time glitch. But i'm tryin to watch a video using VLC Player and after a few minutes the system reboots and freezes at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vgkfan83, May 16, 2019.

1. vgkfan83 Win User

Computer restarts while using VLC Player

So, I thought it was just a one time glitch. But i'm tryin to watch a video using VLC Player and after a few minutes the system reboots and freezes at the logo screen. I have to manually turn off the PC then push the power button for it to boot. It's done it twice, i'm setting here using the PC as I normally would not using VLC and the PC is acting just right. Could there be a problem with the actual video itself?

:)

vgkfan83, May 16, 2019

2. Firefox: VLC Media Player not listed as content type

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

David, this issue might occur if you have not enabled the Mozilla Plugin while installing VLC Media Player, so follow the below steps and see if this helps.

NOTE: First, uninstall VLC Media Player from your computer.

Step 1: Once you have successfully uninstalled VLC Media Player from your computer, install the latest version of
    VLC Media Player.

Step 2: Run the VLC Setup and select the installation's default language, then click
    Next on the Welcome screen.

Step 3: Check box the option Mozilla Plugin in
    Choose Components
    option, which will install the VLC plugin to the Firefox Web browser. (Toggle all other options according to your needs or keep the installation's default settings)

Step 4: Click on Install and allow VLC to complete the installation process.

Step 5: Once VLC is installed on your computer, launch Firefox browser > Click on the
    Firefox menu > Add-ons.

Step 6: Click the available drop-down menu and select Always Activate the plugin. This option plays multimedia files from the Web browser automatically.

Step 7: Restart Firefox browser once and check if you are able to play the MP4 files from the Firefox browser.

For reference, you may also refer to
    Applications panel - Set how Firefox handles different types of files.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 16, 2019
  3. VLC Media Player

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Windows 10 follow next steps:

• Click on the Start button, and then select “Settings”

• Click on “System”

• Select “Apps& Features” in the left-hand sidebar

• Scroll down to locate VLC Media Player

• Click “Uninstall” and then confirm the uninstallation in the pop-up window by clicking“Uninstall”

Search for the components of VLC Media Player

• Click Start and then enter Regedit in the search box, Windows 10 users can type Regedit in the search bar and then enter the Registry Editor

• Hold down Ctrl+ F keys to launch the Find box. Put in CLV Media Player

• Choose the registries related to VLC Media Player and then delete them all.

• Note that this steps can trigger problems, thus to prevent problems occurring, you’d better back up the registry so that you can restore it if problems occurred.

Step 4: Show hidden files and remove the leftovers

• Click Start> Control Panel> Folder Options, choose the View Tab.

• Check the “Show hidden files and folders” in the Advanced Settings and then select “OK”.

Search for the leftovers of VLC Media Player in the Search Bar by entering VLC Media Player, and then delete the leftovers.

Source:

https://www.totaluninstaller.com/program-uninst...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, May 16, 2019
  4. Computer restarts while using VLC Player

vlc player

how to download and install vlc player in my computer?

thabomotsa, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Computer restarts while using VLC Player

1. Computer restarts while using VLC Player - Similar Threads - Computer restarts while

2. VLC Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Player: I am not sure whether this is a Windows 10 issue or VLC player, which is why I ask the question here. I have a number of PC's and on each one when I full-screen VLC player on all the PC's except one, the taskbar is not visible. On one it is visible though. As far as I am...
  3. VLC media player Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  4. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  5. using VLC Media Player

using VLC Media Player: I had an old laptop with an upgrade to Windows 10 installed, had VLC Media Player installed, worked fine, have updated laptop, came with Windows 10, have downloaded VLC Media Player and when I try to play video, the screen turns green, plays audio but no video, just won't...
  6. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  7. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  8. VLC PLAYER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC PLAYER: When I open the files through VLC the video is running from top to bottom of the screen and I can't find anywhere to rotate it or another way to open the files. The files are in .VOB format....
  9. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  10. VLC Media Player Question?

VLC Media Player Question?: Ok I know its a lot harder to change file type icons in windows 10 then in other versions of windows like the 8 or 8.1. So I was wondering if its possible to just change the file types for a specific program or through the program. For example I'm using the vlc media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vlc media player bsod