Windows 10: Computer restarts without warning after log in

Discus and support Computer restarts without warning after log in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So here is my issue. When I log into my computer I can do things from anywhere between 10 minutes to 1 hour before it will just pop up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarthChowder, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Computer restarts without warning after log in

So here is my issue.

When I log into my computer I can do things from anywhere between 10 minutes to 1 hour before it will just pop up a "restarting" loading screen and reboots.

I have tried removing software that was recently installed and unnecessary programs that I should have removed a while ago. I updated all my drivers. My Bios is up to date I believe. I have tried to slowly start up different services I run on the machine to narrow down which one it might be, but haven't quite worked it out. I am leaning towards (Sonar being potentially the reason, but doesn't quite make sense why that would do it).

I thought it might have also been norton or panda that caused this which I was testing out to see if I like what they brought.

I also know windows update were installed recently which might have caused this for me. I went into the option to change it to "notify of updates" instead of installing on it's own... but that option seems to be missing.

Any ideas? Should I roll back some updates?

Any help is appreciated.

:)

DarthChowder, Oct 15, 2016
  2. Joe_FD Win User

computer restarts without warning multiple times

Look I don't have much time,

- Rig ~~ computer, Have you ever heard of gaming rig? Windows rig ~ computer with Windows installed on

-> First, Download Windows 10 ISO by using Media Creation Tool

Download Windows 10

-> Then use Rufus
    Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

to copy the ISO to a USB stick, remember to pick the partition scheme before click on Rufus' Start button (GPT/MBR)

-> Turn on your computer, F12 to boot from your removable drive. Install ~ Refesh in verb. Enjoy.

If you don't wanna pay for the genuine windows version. Use KMSpico, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. (security issues)

Key for Windows 10 Pro: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX (use this one will be asked after booting process from USB complete)

Joe_FD, Oct 15, 2016
  3. jimakers Win User
    computer restarts without warning multiple times

what about my auto updates and my drivers for the video card ,etc .. updates will the windows defender work .... I mean there are a lot of unknowns.

jimakers, Oct 15, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Computer restarts without warning after log in

You have problems. You are going to have to do a repair install of the OS most likely. I would use Who Crashed to check the dump log to see what is causing the system to reboot. Try rolling it back to a System Restore point before this started to happen.

bro67, Oct 15, 2016
  5. Right click the Start Button, select System. Then go to Advanced system settings and click the Advanced tab. Now click the settings button under startup and recovery. If checked, uncheck the box for Automatically restart under system failure.

That may get you a BSOD or something with a hint as to what's causing the reboot.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer restarts without warning after log in

1. Computer restarts without warning after log in - Similar Threads - Computer restarts without

2. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer keeps restarting without warning.

Computer keeps restarting without warning.: Hi, a week ago my computer started to restart without warning and i didnt know what to do, i tried everything i could, i use sfc /scannow and DISM there were no corrupted files. i have tried to uninstall latest windows updates but they just reinstalled themselves as if...
  6. Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.: I was watching some videos when the computer just unexpectedly restarted without warning. No error message, no nothing. Specs: Win10 Pro - Intel i7-6700 3.4gHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB VRAM - 16GB RAM - 250GB SSD OS - 3TB HDD I've been running into this issue a lot recently....
  7. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

Computer randomly restarts without warning.: My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals...
  8. Computer restarting without warning

Computer restarting without warning: Recently, my computer has been restarting without warning. These are the problem details for a recent restart: Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎3/‎31/‎2020 5:31 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  9. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...