Windows 10: Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes

Discus and support Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past month or so I have this recurring problem: after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GarySt, Jul 5, 2018.

1. GarySt Win User

Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes

For the past month or so I have this recurring problem:
    after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something like that. And when I try to wake it up pressing the power button it REBOOTS (instead of waking up, or at least waking up from hibernation).*Mad

Help !

64bit Win 10, Lenovo ThinkPad.

:)

GarySt, Jul 5, 2018
  2. markJ7 Win User

Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Michelle,

Unfortunately, steps you suggested did not fix the issue. I do not use a screen saver, so setting the option you mentioned is not available to me. Also, I doubt messing with the registry should be necessary. The current (default) Windows power plan that
    I'm using has screen timeout set to 5 minutes when on battery, and 15 minutes when plugged in. Sleep timeout is set to 15, and 30 minutes, respectively. Therefore, the computer should not go to sleep before 15 or 30 minutes have elapsed.

markJ7, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Computer goes to sleep after about 5 minutes despite being set at 15 minutes

Since I upgraded to system 10 my computer goes to sleep after around 5 minutes of inactivity - it has become annoying as I am forever waking it up - I have set the sleep functions to 15 minutes but it still goes to sleep after 5 - any one help !!!! This
    is one of several annoying problems I am having since the upgrade.

Daryle Branford, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer Restartsts after Sleep or Leaving it Alone for 15 minutes - Similar Threads - Computer Restartsts Sleep

2. Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes: Under “Power and sleep,” my desktop is set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. Under “additional power settings” it is set for “high performance.” However, the desktop does not go to sleep after 15 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't go to sleep for hours. I ran the power...
  3. Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes: Under “Power and sleep,” my desktop is set to go to sleep after 15 minutes. Under “additional power settings” it is set for “high performance.” However, the desktop does not go to sleep after 15 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't go to sleep for hours. I ran the power...
  4. Desktop does not sleep after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes: I use two 32" TVs as monitors for my Windows 11 Desktop Computer.Vizio TV is the primary display and uses a VGA to HDMI cable connection.Samsung TV is the secondary display and uses a HDMI to HDMI cable connection.Under the Power Setting, I specify "Turn off my Screen after...
  6. TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes: I use two 32" TVs as monitors for my Windows 11 Desktop Computer.Vizio TV is the primary display and uses a VGA to HDMI cable connection.Samsung TV is the secondary display and uses a HDMI to HDMI cable connection.Under the Power Setting, I specify "Turn off my Screen after...
  7. LEAVE MY PC ALONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVE MY PC ALONE: Why Windows using all my Disk usage, im tired of this, Windows update, superfetech or whatever, delivery, widnows log, windows read WIDNOW WINDOWS WINODSW!!! can i use my pc for a bit if u dont mind??? i cant do anything, while playing i had lags because of WIndows, opening...
  8. Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes: For the past month or so I have this recurring problem: after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something like that. And when I try to wake it up pressing the power button it REBOOTS (instead of waking up, or at least waking up...
  9. BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD whenever I leave my computer alone: Whenever I let my computer idle for more than 10 minutes I get a BSOD with either MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.Attachment 59563 37945
  10. OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OS sleeps after 15 minutes of being idle: I have tried everything. I have changed to never in every area that is offered by my system. I have even changed it in hkey and STILL at various (meaning when it feels the need to change) it either changes or sleeps after 15 minutes. Id done it three times already, this last...