Windows 10: Computer reverted to an old computer’s settings, how do I fix this?

Discus and support Computer reverted to an old computer’s settings, how do I fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My daughter got a new computer earlier this year, but when we set it up we used the same google sign in as her previous computer. I don’t know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/quirkyusername33, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Computer reverted to an old computer’s settings, how do I fix this?

My daughter got a new computer earlier this year, but when we set it up we used the same google sign in as her previous computer. I don’t know how to describe it, but once in a while her computer changes all of the settings and everything to the old computer. How do I fix it?

submitted by /u/quirkyusername33
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/quirkyusername33, Aug 22, 2020

2. Worth fixing this old computer?

I have an old computer, with it's HDD fried. I'm contemplating fixing it, but it has EXTREMLY LIMITED upgrade potential, due to no GFX port, very old CPU socket (478), SDRAM, no SATA and it's an Intel.

It's specs:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-6WMM7 Packard Bell
    RAM: 2x64MB unmatched RAM Modules
    CPU: Unknown Intel Celeron
    CD-RW Drive,
    250W PSU

My question is, is it worth fixing this? To fix, I need to spend £25 on a new HDD, but dunno if I should, cuz that could buy me a new case. What do you guys think?

Ben Clarke, Aug 22, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 22, 2020
  4. lbeck Win User

Computer reverted to an old computer’s settings, how do I fix this?

How do I reformat entire computer?

Update:

• I probably should have taken better notes on what I've already tried
    • I created the USB flash drive as directed in #26. That did indeed install W10
    • I now am at the same point that I described in my post #6, with my drives still being dynamic rather than basic and the following exceptions from my post #6 (not sure)
    - Now all of my data is on the C:\ drive rather than the various folders like "My Documents
    - I apparently need to reinstall my display driver. The display is wonkey (circles are ovals) and I can’t seem to adjust using the settings menu.
    - Other partitions that came installed with my HP notebook like System, Tools, and Recovery now have different drive settings

So I’ve come almost full circle except with a few steps backwards. I’ll try more carefully to follow Post #2 and #7 as suggested. Possibly I missed as step with those earlier. I’ll also check with my other software to see if there is a simpler way to revert my computer back to the way it was out of the box.

lbeck, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Computer reverted to an old computer’s settings, how do I fix this?

1. Computer reverted to an old computer’s settings, how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Computer reverted old

2. How do I fix my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my computer: Hello guys I ran I to couple of issues with my PC and I figured I might aswell post here so I bought a new PC recently and I assembled it myself and it worked fine for a month and then suddenly PC started freezing up and restarting and in event wiever is just bunch of yellow...
  3. How do I fix my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my computer: Hello guys I ran I to couple of issues with my PC and I figured I might aswell post here so I bought a new PC recently and I assembled it myself and it worked fine for a month and then suddenly PC started freezing up and restarting and in event wiever is just bunch of yellow...
  4. How do I fix my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I fix my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my computer?: So recently I restarted my hp laptop because it was running slow. After I did I noticed it didn’t completely wipe everything because my old account was still there, but when I tried to login it said profile failed to load. Because of that I went to safemode but it was a white...
  6. How do I fix my computer?

How do I fix my computer?: So recently I restarted my hp laptop because it was running slow. After I did I noticed it didn’t completely wipe everything because my old account was still there, but when I tried to login it said profile failed to load. Because of that I went to safemode but it was a white...
  7. How do I fix my computer????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my computer????: Every time I try to start my desktop computer it starts to load and then shows me the windows logo with the loading circles under it. Then the screen goes grey and the loading circles just spin there forever or until the blue screen of death shows up and I can't figure out...
  8. How do I fix my computer????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my computer????: Every time I try to start my desktop computer it starts to load and then shows me the windows logo with the loading circles under it. Then the screen goes grey and the loading circles just spin there forever or until the blue screen of death shows up and I can't figure out...
  9. How do I fix my computer????

10. How do I recover an old account on an old computer for a new computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I recover an old account on an old computer for a new computer?: We are trying to set up a computer for my sister for online school. The computer was given to us by a family member who had already set up an account using a 5+ year old account. Know one knows the password for the computer. No one knows the password to the account or the...