Windows 10: Computer reverting to previous OS when trying to upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Computer reverting to previous OS when trying to upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, I have currently been trying to upgrade a work PC from window 7 PC to windows 10. I have gone through the Microsoft Media creation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by taymus13, Jan 8, 2020.

1. taymus13 Win User

Computer reverting to previous OS when trying to upgrade to windows 10

Hello there,

I have currently been trying to upgrade a work PC from window 7 PC to windows 10.

I have gone through the Microsoft Media creation tool and told it to "upgrade this PC." The system has gone through all the setup steps and checks, but when windows 10 was actually installing, it reached about 50% of the install and then started showing the "undoing changes to your computer" screen and reverted back to windows 7. I didn't see if it said anything else before it starting undoing things- I had walked away to let it do it's thing.

Its happened twice so far, I have checked all the system requirements and everything looks good so I don't know what the problem is.

The only issues I have seen that are similar are about systems that are already on windows 10 and are having problems updating.

:)

taymus13, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Revert to previous OS from Windows 10

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below link and check the suggestions provided by Andre Da Costa.

Can we revert Windows 10 to the previous OS if we don't like it?

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer reverting to previous OS when trying to upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer reverting previous

2. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  3. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to revert to a previous version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to revert to a previous version of windows 10: So Windows strongarmed me into updating to their latest version of Windows against my will, and has since, messed up my art program. I use Paint Tool Sai, and since updating, the program will act like it's opening, but as soon as the loading banner goes away, it doesn't...
  6. OS reverts to previous version of Windows every time I restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OS reverts to previous version of Windows every time I restart: Hello I recently purchased a Windows 10 Pro licence to replace a Enterprise for virtual desktops licence that came with the laptop. I did this because the Enterprise OS seems very buggy. The new licence is activated and linked to my Microsoft account. Every time I...
  7. Upgraded computer OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded computer OS: I purchased a refurbished computer it had windows 10 but, I just got a notice to delete the old OS. I am lost of what to do if I delete the old OS will I be able to recover my files if I have a system problem?...
  8. will upgrading to 64 bit OS remove previous users from the computer?

will upgrading to 64 bit OS remove previous users from the computer?: hey i am pretty sure that upgrading to 64 bit OS will remove all the data from local disk c but i was wondering if i upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit , will that remove previous users from the computer?(my computer has more than one)....
  9. reverting to a previous version of windows 10.

reverting to a previous version of windows 10.: Hi, I used to have version 1709 win 10 pro and bought a new system, This new system is running on version 1803 which does not run any of the apps I use … how do I get back to this version of windows? Any help would be appreciated. Im not the most tech savy sorry...
  10. Changed date on computer reverts back to previous in 3 to 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed date on computer reverts back to previous in 3 to 10 seconds: Hello. So desktop computer is Dell XPS, I7. Windows 10 Pro. Normal office software, Quickbooks, AOL desktop, McAfee antivirus. The date and time on the computer are correct to current date and time (5/4/2017). I go to change the date to 5/8/2017. The date changes when I...