Windows 10: Computer run slow after system restore and delete update

Discus and support Computer run slow after system restore and delete update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Before this problem occurs, my computer is having an issue so I restore and delete updates. And when everything seems to turn normal again. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AuzniHatta, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Computer run slow after system restore and delete update

Hi, Before this problem occurs, my computer is having an issue so I restore and delete updates.

And when everything seems to turn normal again. I noticed my computer is running slower than usual.

I tried to use the command prompt "sfc /scannow" but no problem detected.

Even a right click on the desktop will show the blue spinning circle first when click. Usually the right-click menu comes up instantly

:)

AuzniHatta, Mar 9, 2021
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CComputer run slow after system restore and delete update :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CComputer run slow after system restore and delete update :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 9, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

Computer run slow after system restore and delete update

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

AndreTen - I have tried Disk Cleanup but unfortunately the problem entries did not go away.
    I feel certain Bree (VIP Member) has identified the correct cause of this problem as above and his adviced solution should also do the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Bree - Thank you. I must admit that I did use 'Create system image' a few times in 'Backup & Restore (Windows 7)' instead of 'Backup now' and these ghost entries relate to those actions. You have rightly identified the cause of this issue.
    It is crazy that Microsoft has put two different backup options causing the issue of these ghost restore points.

Regarding your advice on how to rectify the issue - I must add that I am not very computer savvy and feel reluctant to use Diskpart utility etc to delete 'WindowsImageBackup\SPPMetadataCache' and 'WindowsImageBackup\Catalog folders' from within 'System Volume Information' folder with command Prompt as I fear damaging the pc by making any mistakes, as I have never done this before.

Please advice if there may be another simpler method to delete the above folders OR if you are able and have time to post a step by step instructions (with pictures if possible) on how to follow your advice. Much appreciated.

jellyroll, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Computer run slow after system restore and delete update

1. Computer run slow after system restore and delete update - Similar Threads - Computer run slow

2. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  3. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  4. Computer is running incredibly slow after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is running incredibly slow after latest update: Nothing is working fast. Navigating the typical Windows settings is incredibly slow. I tried to defrag the thing but it says “optimization not available.” This isn’t like “mildly slow.” It’s taking upwards of 30 seconds just for the search bar to be able to display results...
  5. Computer running extremely slow after latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer running extremely slow after latest update.: After I switch off last night to install update and turn on this morning, it takes forever for anything to start up and some apps don't start. submitted by /u/league_of_demacia [link] [comments]...
  6. Computer running slow after restart and update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer running slow after restart and update.: Having an issue that’s been bothering me for about week now. One day I booted up my computer and the computer has been super slow, my desktop wallpaper was removed and replaced. Also my OneDrive has syncing issues. I also get this error message. Any help will be much...
  7. computer running slow after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer running slow after latest update: computer running slow after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow-after-latest-update/e53059ee-e6d1-42fe-b4de-eaba2c15aa56
  8. Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore: I had a virus attack sometime back, so then i tried and removed the virus with the help of windows defender and then even did a system restore to the laptop. And since that point of restore my computer have slowed down completely. It takes a lot of time for boot which was...
  9. Computer running slow after restar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running slow after restar: So, I did some changes to my setup but now I can't play games. The same games that I could run 100 fps max settings I'm running 5/10 at minimum settings. I have tried some things I found online but none worked....
  10. After updating my computer is hanging & running slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating my computer is hanging & running slow: Tommorow i have updated my windows10 computer & now it is hanging and running slow after update . I have laptop of hp model no- 15ay020Tu this is happening after installing update....