Windows 10: Computer running alow after Windows 10 update - here's a simple solution - do a cold...

Discus and support Computer running alow after Windows 10 update - here's a simple solution - do a cold... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Date: April 15 2019 Computer: Laptop - Aces Aspire V3771G Situation: After a Windows 10 Update Symptoms: Slow running, after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Outback Mick, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Computer running alow after Windows 10 update - here's a simple solution - do a cold...

Date: April 15 2019

Computer: Laptop - Aces Aspire V3771G

Situation: After a Windows 10 Update

Symptoms: Slow running, after the update

Cause: The Runtime Broker Process may not be working correctly - it may have been affected by the Update

This process manages the allocation of processing time to applications and processes.

If it isn't working correctly - or even not at all - the computer may run very slowly

Reason: The Runtime Broker Process can be damaged by an incomplete Update installation, or an incomplete Shutdown.

This can sometimes happen on laptops - where a process fails, but the computer can still get power from the battery,
    so it won't shut-down

Solution: Do a Cold Shutdown and Restart

- Do a Shut-down

- Then remove the battery - even if the shut-down has frozen

- Also unplug the power cord - if it's connected

- Then wait 3 minutes, for the remaining power and memory to fully drain

- Next, re-connect the battery, plug-in the power cord and restart

- Your computer should then correctly install any "Update on restart" software

- After a few minutes, you should be able to login and run your startup programs as normal - at your u sual speed

-You can see if Runtime Broker is running correctly, by opening the Task Manager and lookin for it in "Processes"

Kym Yeoward CPA - Darwin Australia

- after a frustrating afternoon on the phone to MS Support, before I remembered Acer's suggestion.

:)

Outback Mick, Apr 15, 2019

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Haksery Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, Apr 15, 2019
  4. chispy Win User

Computer running alow after Windows 10 update - here's a simple solution - do a cold...

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Computer running alow after Windows 10 update - here's a simple solution - do a cold...

1. Computer running alow after Windows 10 update - here's a simple solution - do a cold... - Similar Threads - Computer running alow

2. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  3. Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?: I can't get my Lenovo laptop to boot up after an update. I am not skilled enough to do some of the suggestions I have seen before. Is there a simpler method to cure this?...
  4. Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?: I can't get my Lenovo laptop to boot up after an update. I am not skilled enough to do some of the suggestions I have seen before. Is there a simpler method to cure this?...
  5. Lenovo laptop will not boot after windows updates. Is there a simple solution?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. [Simple & Quick]How do you add a shortcut for Bluetooth here?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Simple & Quick]How do you add a shortcut for Bluetooth here?: [ATTACH] The title says it all. Please help me out quickly! https://preview.redd.it/09ruzt1pxcc61.jpg?width=1034&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=a17fbddbb61e83d1889b1ff1f3fdf8b13add52c0 submitted by /u/SongminYoon [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Update Troubleshhoter Keep Running But Do Not Show Any Solution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Troubleshhoter Keep Running But Do Not Show Any Solution: Hi, I had problems with Windows update I ran the troubleshooter and do not show any solution or fix he problem that my pc has to install some updates. Solution? Best regards, Jose Luis Martinez Castro...
  8. Computer is constantly running after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is constantly running after Windows 10 latest update: Help. My computer is constantly running as if it is downloading. I know it has to do with one of the latest updates but I can't figure out how to fix it. This is October so it was probably an update in September 2019. Thank you...
  9. Window 10 update has slowed down my computer, simple solutions please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 update has slowed down my computer, simple solutions please?: Please help but make any suggestions really simple as I am a 'luddite' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-update-has-slowed-down-my-computer/5d26d774-9926-4f63-8e90-d5b47d0d254e
  10. Win 10 after a cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 after a cold boot: This happens when I power up the pc and it boots. The desktop appears, and when I click normally on an icon (a desktop shortcut) to open it, it doesn't open. Instead I get the menu that I would get if I had right-clicked on the icon. If I open it from there, there are...