Windows 10: Computer running differently after Factory Reset

Discus and support Computer running differently after Factory Reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I was forced to preform a factory reset on my laptop after a blue screen error involving a Windows 10 update. Fortunately I was able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Al-D1987, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Al-D1987 Win User

Computer running differently after Factory Reset

Recently I was forced to preform a factory reset on my laptop after a blue screen error involving a Windows 10 update. Fortunately I was able to salvage all of my personal files but now my laptop doesn't run as smoothly as it did prior to the reset.

Applications I've had to redownload refuse to run properly, all the operating systems are slow, my tablet for drawing doesn't connect correctly despite my restoration of previous settings, and even though I have the same security account it won't use all it's functions even though I have everything set up the same.

I've checked all my drivers, and other sources help guides asked me to check and I'm at my wits end since I use this for work.

Is there a way to get my computer to run as normal as it did before the reset? Should I simply reset my computer again and restart from scratch?

:)

Al-D1987, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 6, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 6, 2021
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer running differently after Factory Reset - Similar Threads - Computer running differently

2. Applications look different after factory resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications look different after factory resetting Windows: So I had factory reset my Windows 10 and it caused applications to render differently than before and it's bothering meMore zoomed in for example, sometimes quality is off etc.Is there a way to make it like it was before...
  3. Applications look different after factory resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications look different after factory resetting Windows: So I had factory reset my Windows 10 and it caused applications to render differently than before and it's bothering meMore zoomed in for example, sometimes quality is off etc.Is there a way to make it like it was before...
  4. Applications look different after factory resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop is running slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is running slow after factory reset: About 5 months ago, I installed a game on my laptop which began to lag after a while and cause my laptop to slow down. Even after deleting it and factory resetting twice, my pc is slightly faster but still slow. My laptop doesn't have a virus. I've tried defragmentation,...
  6. Windows Running Slow After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Running Slow After Factory Reset: My gaming laptop which I've had for about 2 years began running slowly and stuff like steam discord, and chrome would frequently stop responding. Naturally I ran chkdsk which temporarily seemed to fix the issue until I ran it again with seemingly no effect. Eventually I...
  7. is fresh-start different to factory reset?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is fresh-start different to factory reset?: I could not reset my pc using factory reset because it said it did not work and nothing changed. So can i use fresh-start and will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-fresh-start-different-to-factory-reset/353f5f29-f529-4820-bd1a-7c39b7fe3fce
  8. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the difference between a factory reset and...: What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an old user administrator leaving only the new user. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks 132232
  9. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  10. Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.: Hello: Just recently I performed a factory reset to a family member's computer. After it shut down to boot back once on the computer would give message more or less like: "Your computer shut down unexpectedly, press ok to restart your computer". -pressed ok- the story...