Windows 10: Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro on older acer aspire one AOD257 computer but its running slow when I bring up programs. Should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BradC64, Feb 11, 2021.

1. BradC64 Win User

Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro on older acer aspire one AOD257 computer but its running slow when I bring up programs. Should I do a repair or reinstall windows10?. Or is there something else I can do first?. I have updated everything I could think of.

:)

BradC64, Feb 11, 2021
  2. CantaTex Win User

Computer running very slow after Windows 10 upgrade

Dell XPS 8700 computer with 8 GB Ram originally running 8.1 was upgraded to windows 10. After a long installation process, system is up and running but it's very slow, incredibly slow. Any suggestions? I received no error messages!

CantaTex, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

1. Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Computer running slow

2. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  3. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  4. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  5. Windows 10 computer is running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 computer is running slow: Most of the games in my windows 10 PC is unresponsive, and PC sometimes working very slow but 3 days ago there was no problem in my PC.For some reason search bar is not working and every time I reboot my PC it says "drive fixing" .I scanned my PC with Malwarebytes but it cant...
  6. computer running slow

computer running slow: My computer is running really slow. i think it might have unnecessary programs running in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/eb81b1ff-9aa4-4f57-9621-8b196bd392ef
  7. computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10

computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10: After upgrade computer works strange. User applications generally start relatively fast. System apps start extremely slow. If I type something in search line it give me black window and responses after couple of minutes. During this time "Host Process for Windows Tasks" start...
  8. computer running slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer running slow: How to make computer run fast again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/a47a133c-9d89-4d97-9d52-2020c99f3b1b
  9. Computer running slow after restar

Computer running slow after restar: So, I did some changes to my setup but now I can't play games. The same games that I could run 100 fps max settings I'm running 5/10 at minimum settings. I have tried some things I found online but none worked....
  10. Computer running very slow on windows 10

Computer running very slow on windows 10: I updated to windows 10 from windows 7 and my laptop is now running very slow. 'What are my best options to correct this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-running-very-slow-on-windows-10/9de964a6-ca34-47b1-a1ca-6866a064c1d6