Windows 10: Computer running slow and freezing up

Discus and support Computer running slow and freezing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I could sure use some help. For the last week my computer has been freezing up. It doesn't matter what site I'm on or whether I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ClaudetteGrimes, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Computer running slow and freezing up

Hello everyone, I could sure use some help. For the last week my computer has been freezing up. It doesn't matter what site I'm on or whether I'm writing in a document and the system has started running slow when it is working. The mouse won't work and I end up just shutting the system off. What could be causing this? Several times this week I've run a full security scan but it's saying everything is fine. My computer isn't a year old yet! I seem to have plenty of storage...What else can I check?

ASUS X541NA-PD1003Y

S/N HAN0GR02T44742E CN#8T95

Running Windows 10

Any help would be appreciated

:)

ClaudetteGrimes, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Zoe jb Win User

Computer keeps freezing and running slow.

Original Title: windows 10

My computer keeps freezing and Computer running slow ,how do I fix it please

Zoe jb, Nov 22, 2018
  3. computer running slow and freezing

Hi Maria,

To get a better clarity about the issue, please provide the details below:

• Since when are you facing the issue?
    • Did you make any software changes prior to the issue?

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files or possibility there is a virus in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Try running System Maintenance Troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. Please follow the steps given below.

Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: System maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files and shortcuts that you clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check if it helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Please post back with the updated status to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Computer running slow and freezing up

my computer is running slow and freezes with Windows 10

my computer is running slow and freezes with Windows 10

JoelMehrer, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Computer running slow and freezing up

1. Computer running slow and freezing up - Similar Threads - Computer running slow

2. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  3. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  4. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  6. Computer clean up - My computer is running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer clean up - My computer is running slow: What do I need to do to make my computer run faster? My programs, documents, websites & etc are taking way too long to load. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-clean-up-my-computer-is-running-slow/8d1e0b35-9c8d-4f4c-b68b-c0ec7bcf5c07
  7. Computer clean up - My computer is running slow

Computer clean up - My computer is running slow: What do I need to do to make my computer run faster? My programs, documents, websites & etc are taking way too long to load. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-clean-up-my-computer-is-running-slow/8d1e0b35-9c8d-4f4c-b68b-c0ec7bcf5c07
  8. win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing: Hi, My win10 computer goes long periods semi-frozen. Very slow. Drive light is on near constant. I tried some System Restores: no joy. Out of desperation I did a reset (losing all my installed programs). After the reset I used it for five hours with no problems. I started...
  9. computer running slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer running slow: How to make computer run fast again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/a47a133c-9d89-4d97-9d52-2020c99f3b1b
  10. slow then freezes up

slow then freezes up: freezes up then message not responding. can https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-then-freezes-up/f7804f91-a514-41bd-8a4f-bcd9dd398174

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc runs slow and locks up

2. windows 10 running slow and freezing

3. computer runs slow and freezes up

4. pc running slow and freezing,
  5. laptop running slow and freezing up,
  6. my computer runs slow and locks up,
  7. my computer runs slow and freezes up