Windows 10: Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty

Discus and support Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been researching and there's a lot of different solutions. Would appreciate a more specific solution, don't want to mess anything up. Here's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardVenne, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty

I've been researching and there's a lot of different solutions. Would appreciate a more specific solution, don't want to mess anything up. Here's a shot of my Disk Management. I'm wondering if I can have the operating system run on C and move other files/programs to D.

Or merge C and D into one disk. Appreciate in help and/or suggestions.

Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty dad374fe-da57-40bb-a4b3-654602643068?upload=true.png

:)

RichardVenne, Feb 25, 2019

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Feb 25, 2019
  3. AnnZeuke1 Win User
    D drive almost full, now computer is running very slow. Help

I have an almost 2 yr old laptop. I believe that the computer backed itself up to the D drive. It is saying it is almost full, but there are no files listed in the drive. What can I do to clear this out? I am afraid if I reformat the drive I will lose important
    files. I have a 2 tb external that I usually back up on. I am just not sure why it is running so slow. I am using windows 10 os.

AnnZeuke1, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty

1. Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty - Similar Threads - Computer running slow

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  4. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  5. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  7. C drive almost full but D drive has lots of space!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive almost full but D drive has lots of space!: Hi, I would like to know if I can move "Users" from the C drive to the D drive as the C drive is almost full and I have lots of space on the D drive?...
  8. Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I install computer programs into d drive. My c drive is full and d drive is empty. What...: c drive full. d drive almost empty. Can I install computer programs into d drive? Or how do I get my c drive larger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-computer-programs-into-d-drive-my-c/925c40e4-2225-4670-9a4c-c0052f87bc8a
  9. C: Drive almost full but d rive empty

C: Drive almost full but d rive empty: The c drivie was full and my d drive was empty, when i tried to download something it said i dont have any more storage but my d drive did. i dont know how to change the files to go to the d drive...
  10. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why computer slow if c drive is almost full

2. c drive almost full and pc is slow