Windows 10: Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10

Discus and support Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sandrasjs, Sep 5, 2018.

1. sandrasjs Win User

Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10

:)

sandrasjs, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer running slow to open up apps on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer running slow

2. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  3. Computer clean up - My computer is running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer clean up - My computer is running slow: What do I need to do to make my computer run faster? My programs, documents, websites & etc are taking way too long to load. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-clean-up-my-computer-is-running-slow/8d1e0b35-9c8d-4f4c-b68b-c0ec7bcf5c07
  4. Computer clean up - My computer is running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer clean up - My computer is running slow: What do I need to do to make my computer run faster? My programs, documents, websites & etc are taking way too long to load. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-clean-up-my-computer-is-running-slow/8d1e0b35-9c8d-4f4c-b68b-c0ec7bcf5c07
  5. Windows 10 computer is running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 computer is running slow: Most of the games in my windows 10 PC is unresponsive, and PC sometimes working very slow but 3 days ago there was no problem in my PC.For some reason search bar is not working and every time I reboot my PC it says "drive fixing" .I scanned my PC with Malwarebytes but it cant...
  6. Windows 10 slow opening Apps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow opening Apps: Hi, I should never volunteer to help someone with PC problems as I have very limited knowledge. I was given a laptop to replace the HDD and fit a new SSD. The HDD was running windows 10 OK. I fitted the Sandisk and downloaded a fresh copy of Windows 10 and the rest of the...
  7. computer slow opening apps and programs

computer slow opening apps and programs: computer is slow at opening apps and other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-slow-opening-apps-and-programs/95f295c9-e562-44ab-958c-7400bd0f44a3
  8. computer running slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer running slow: How to make computer run fast again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/a47a133c-9d89-4d97-9d52-2020c99f3b1b
  9. Computer running slow and freezing up

Computer running slow and freezing up: Hello everyone, I could sure use some help. For the last week my computer has been freezing up. It doesn't matter what site I'm on or whether I'm writing in a document and the system has started running slow when it is working. The mouse won't work and I end up just shutting...
  10. Computer running very slow on windows 10

Computer running very slow on windows 10: I updated to windows 10 from windows 7 and my laptop is now running very slow. 'What are my best options to correct this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-running-very-slow-on-windows-10/9de964a6-ca34-47b1-a1ca-6866a064c1d6