Windows 10: Computer running slow with a lag... is it Windows?

Discus and support Computer running slow with a lag... is it Windows? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All I have a computer that is about 6 months old... it has an Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, ASUS Prime Z370-P II motherboard, HX1000i video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mrmbarnes2, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Computer running slow with a lag... is it Windows?

Hi All

I have a computer that is about 6 months old... it has an Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, ASUS Prime Z370-P II motherboard, HX1000i video card, SSD 500GB main drive with a 2TB second IDE drive and a 1000w power supply... I am also running a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that I have had for quite a while.

Basically this is a pretty good computer.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and all the latest updates have been done.

The issue I am having, which has only been happening for the past few weeks, is that there seems to be a lag in the system... when I am typing sometimes it can take a few seconds for the screen to catch up with the keyboard... also the mouse does not do what I am trying to do... to switch between programs sometimes have a delay or does not work and sometimes trying to get into the notification area bottom right of screen will not work.

I also run Office 365 and Adobe Suite of products... sometimes in Outlook all my email accounts and folders disappear from the left panel however if I put my mouse over them the names appear again.

I also run Malware Bytes, Ccleaner, Google Drive Sync and Dropbox.

The trouble shooting we have done so far is to change from the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to a USB one of each and that made no difference.

I have also closed Outlook, Dropbox and Google Sync and that also made no difference.

I have kept an eye on Task Manager and it appears that not very much of the system resources are being used.

We have also installed the latest fireware for the BIOS and checked device manager and there are no issues shown.

I can't seem to find anything wrong however there is an issue.

I really don't want to reinstall as it takes me weeks to get everything full back up and running.

Has anyone had an issue like this or have any idea what could be happening?

Thanks for any help!

:)

mrmbarnes2, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Kevin :) Win User

New i7 computer is slow and lagging

My computer is running slow but it has an i7-7500U processor. It is less than a week old and randomly lags(things go slow and mouse lags). Even besides the lag moments (every few minutes but they
    happen more and more often now) the computer runs slow. My computer is an Acer Spin 3 Windows 10 Home. It's updated to the latest version of Windows 10 Home. I also constantly run McAfee, Disk Cleanup, defragment my disk and have restarted it and shut it down.
    Still, my processor speed is much less than half its normal speed. I looked up solutions and most of them said to disable
    Intel SpeedStep but then I heard some comments saying it's unsafe in the long run. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

Kevin :), Jan 14, 2020
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Computer running slow with a lag... is it Windows?

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Computer running slow with a lag... is it Windows?

1. Computer running slow with a lag... is it Windows? - Similar Threads - Computer running slow

2. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  3. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  4. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. computer running slow

computer running slow: how to fix when computer running slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/03e9fd7f-c565-4870-a09b-84a1b8f7a7e1
  6. computer running slow

computer running slow: My computer is running really slow. i think it might have unnecessary programs running in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/eb81b1ff-9aa4-4f57-9621-8b196bd392ef
  7. computer running slow

computer running slow: im running windows 10 on a hp laptop, and with all the system updates and everything running smoothly and I might add, I do clear my caches, browsing history, have plenty of disk space, am not running unnecessary apps in background, and yet, when I try to play any uploaded...
  8. computer running slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer running slow: How to make computer run fast again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/a47a133c-9d89-4d97-9d52-2020c99f3b1b
  9. Computer Running Slow

Computer Running Slow: Please Help! My computer is running very slow. This wasn’t a gradual problem, one day it was fine and the next it wasn’t. I tried a system restore but didn’t have any history to do so. It’s slow on line or off line. When transferring data from on device to another it’s just...
  10. Runs slow and lagging after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Runs slow and lagging after update: Again this time i allowed my machine to do a Windows 10 update and again with this update it slowed to a crawl, webpages wouldnt load, even the cursor would barely move when i move the mouse. I turnedit off and was told it would install updates and reboot but after four hours...