Windows 10: Computer Running Slow

Discus and support Computer Running Slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please Help! My computer is running very slow. This wasn’t a gradual problem, one day it was fine and the next it wasn’t. I tried a system restore but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Msterling, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Msterling Win User

Computer Running Slow

Please Help!

My computer is running very slow. This wasn’t a gradual problem, one day it was fine and the next it wasn’t. I tried a system restore but didn’t have any history to do so. It’s slow on line or off line. When transferring data from on device to another it’s just terribly slow.

I’m using a Dell Optiplex 7010, x64 based PC

OS is Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

System Name DESKTOP-32RNUS7

This is what I’ve tried so far:

Performed a Clean Boot

Performed a System File Checker (sfc) which came back good.

I’ve checked Task Manager for any constant excessive usage and that looked good.

Cleared Browsing History in Microsoft edge.

I’m using Bitdefender Internet Security for anti-virus protection. I temporarily disabled it and when I did, my system still ran slow. I then went to Bitdefender support for help. They had me send in several screen shots of Task Manager and also send in a copy of my BDSY log files. After Bitdefenders review of the information they sent me a reply that they couldn’t find a problem from their end of things.

Please, when you answer me, don’t assume I know much I’m not computer savvy at all.

Thanks!

Sincerely

Msterling

:)

Msterling, Feb 7, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 7, 2019
  3. slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Computer Running Slow

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Computer Running Slow

1. Computer Running Slow - Similar Threads - Computer Running Slow

2. Computer suddenly running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly running slow: My computer was running fine until a month ago. I turned on my computer as usual but I notice that it was slow and choppy, when I logged into the computer, it was significantly slower and I couldn’t even do gaming on it anymore. I also have a 144hz monitor, but the frame rate...
  3. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  4. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  5. Slow running computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow running computer: Greetings all, my computer has recently begun running slow sluggish might be a better term. I regularly perform the "File Cleanup" utility both regular and administrator. Plus, I have the defrag utility set to automatic. I use Chrome and my "Home page" doesn't load on the...
  6. Slow running computer

7. computer running slow

computer running slow: how to fix when computer running slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/03e9fd7f-c565-4870-a09b-84a1b8f7a7e1
  8. computer running slow

computer running slow: My computer is running really slow. i think it might have unnecessary programs running in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/eb81b1ff-9aa4-4f57-9621-8b196bd392ef
  9. computer running slow

computer running slow: im running windows 10 on a hp laptop, and with all the system updates and everything running smoothly and I might add, I do clear my caches, browsing history, have plenty of disk space, am not running unnecessary apps in background, and yet, when I try to play any uploaded...
  10. computer running slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer running slow: How to make computer run fast again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow/a47a133c-9d89-4d97-9d52-2020c99f3b1b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows new upgrade 2019 slow long running script