Windows 10: Computer running slowly!

Discus and support Computer running slowly! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer running slowly! Help.please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slowly/248bdea5-802c-4d61-9f6f-369facab8e85 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CLHimaine1, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Computer running slowly!

Computer running slowly! Help.please

:)

CLHimaine1, Dec 20, 2018
  2. BlackOwl Win User

Windows running slowly in specific situations

Over the last few days (since maybe Thursday but definitely Friday) my Win10 machine has been running slowly in certain situations. The programs iTunes, GSAK, and Unreal Tournament 2004 run slowly in general, much slower than my new hardware has been able to output since I bought it less than two months ago. Other programs are substantially slower than normal to load, but act quite fine once they've been loaded (Sid Meier's Civilization V and Overwatch are two notable exmaples - they take up to six times longer to load than they did this time last week). The change was sudden but not noticeable straightaway.

One further change I've noticed is that whenever I go to shut down or reboot the computer, it tells me it's "Getting Windows ready" despite there being no updates to my knowledge. It tends to hang on that screen for some time before it actually shuts down or reboots - I'm not sure how long it takes as I often lose patience and go and do something else, but it's more than expected.

Steps I've already tried:
    • rebooting
    • antivirus scan
    • uninstalling programs I've installed within the last week
    • rolling back Windows updates (which I've found to be basically impossible)
    • cleaning up the fullest hard drive (I've more than doubled the free space on it)
    • updating my video card drivers
    • defragging all three hard drives

Any ideas?

BlackOwl, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Kirros Win User
    Computer running slowly (possibly because of process 'WmiApSrv.exe')

Hey,

Seemingly out of nowhere for the past week my computer's been running very slowly when it comes to low intensity games / browsing. Specifically whenever I open a flash game my browser freezes. And whenever I'm playing WoW and there's like 20+ people on the screen it slows to a crawl. It's never done this before and I can't find any link as to why it's happening... The only thing I discovered was in my task manager- there is a process called WmiApSrv.exe that is constantly going from "running" to "stopped" every 3 seconds or so. My CPU/Disk usage seem to be fine in Resource Monitor but there's a huge list of these "WmiApSrv.exe" processes listed as 'terminated' every time it restarts itself. I looked online for this process but there doesn't seem to be a general consensus on whether it was a necessary service or not and I don't want to go turning off a potentially beneficial service without knowing.

So, I'm not sure if that's what's causing the issue, but it's the only thing I can find that seems out of place. I've run malwarebytes twice now, updated graphics drivers and restarted my computer.

edit- I remembered one more thing that's out of place- when I restart my computer I get an error message that pops up. I've attached a screenshot. I can only imagine it is some kind of virus attempting to start, but I'm not sure. It started popping up around the time my computer started slowing down.

Computer running slowly! [​IMG]

Kirros, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Computer running slowly!

Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Computer running slowly!

1. Computer running slowly! - Similar Threads - Computer running slowly

2. Computer running slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer running slowly: I have recently copied files from my external hard drive to my laptop. My computer is running slowly and my programs such as Adobe and outlook keeps freezing and saying not responding. I think it is the files but when I do a scan for viruses, nothing is detected. What could...
  3. Computer running slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slowly: I have recently copied files from my external hard drive to my laptop. My computer is running slowly and my programs such as Adobe and outlook keeps freezing and saying not responding. I think it is the files but when I do a scan for viruses, nothing is detected. What could...
  4. Computer running slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  6. computer is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  7. computer is running very slowly

computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  8. Computer runs slowly all of sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slowly all of sudden: So I have an Alienware m15 r2 really good computer I've had it for a while but now all of my games run slowly 15 minutes into playing I thought it was malware and I used Malwarebytes nope so now I'm really confused if you have any fixes and I've checked my drivers and It...
  9. Computer runs slowly all of sudden

Computer runs slowly all of sudden: So I have an Alienware m15 r2 really good computer I've had it for a while but now all of my games run slowly 15 minutes into playing I thought it was malware and I used Malwarebytes nope so now I'm really confused if you have any fixes and I've checked my drivers and It...
  10. Computer changed resolution and runs incredibly slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer changed resolution and runs incredibly slowly: It happened seemingly randomly. The resolution changed and everything is slightly bigger and looks squashed, opening anything takes incredibly long. task manager doesnt open. opening 'this pc' in files takes so long that i couldnt wait for it or it gets stuck. ETDCtrl.exe...