Windows 10: computer runs too slow. I have rebooted. Ran virus scan. Still have problem.

Discus and support computer runs too slow. I have rebooted. Ran virus scan. Still have problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; computer runs too slow. I have rebooted. Ran virus scan. Still have problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DPA12, Sep 6, 2019.

1. DPA12 Win User

computer runs too slow. I have rebooted. Ran virus scan. Still have problem.

:)

DPA12, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Virus Scan

My N73 Music Edition phone becoms very slow, to open addres book or SMS or to delete any SMS it takes long time. I think it have some virus.

1. How to scan & delete this virus???

2. Is there any free virus scan available???

3. While scanning virus & to protect phone book & SMS or songs, what are the steps to follows ???

Pl. help.

bhagwatkar, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Prevent Windows Updates and Virus Scans from slowing down computer

Hi VSE-JLindquist,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know the security software installed on your PC?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to

Check for operating system information in Windows 10.

3. May I know the make and model of your system?

If you have any third party antivirus, I would suggest you to disable the third party antivirus and use windows defender. Check if you are encountering with same issue.

Windows Defender is software that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software by detecting and removing known spyware from your computer.

For Preventing Windows Updates and Virus Scans from slowing down computer, I suggest you to Change the active hours in the settings, follow this article on

Keep your PC up to date
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. computer runs too slow. I have rebooted. Ran virus scan. Still have problem. - Similar Threads - computer runs too

2. I have virus in my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have virus in my computer.: I am getting warning from McAfee that I have virus in my computer. My McAfee has expired a long time ago. But it keeps on sending me notifications as shown in the pictures. What shall I doBasically I tried to download a movie from an unknown site and this happened....
  3. I have virus in my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have virus in my computer.: I am getting warning from McAfee that I have virus in my computer. My McAfee has expired a long time ago. But it keeps on sending me notifications as shown in the pictures. What shall I doBasically I tried to download a movie from an unknown site and this happened....
  4. I have virus in my computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i been having a problem with a virus: my windows defender as been juping me with a trojan alert with this name and similar C:\Users\hersz\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\3\Attachments\Swiftcopy.pdf[1423].html 2 times now i would like to know what is...
  6. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i been having a problem with a virus: my windows defender as been juping me with a trojan alert with this name and similar C:\Users\hersz\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\3\Attachments\Swiftcopy.pdf[1423].html 2 times now i would like to know what is...
  7. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Do I still have Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I still have Virus?: I was a bit stupid in early August. I got help with HTML and CSS via AnyDesk something like Teamviewer via a public Teamspeak .. well, the guy opened the console extremely quickly and entered a command, he said he could now control my PC. Then the PC shut down and installed...
  9. Ran into the soundmixer.exe virus on my computer. No clue how I got it and have done...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ran into the soundmixer.exe virus on my computer. No clue how I got it and have done...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drweenis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7jwul/ran_into_the_soundmixerexe_virus_on_my_computer/
  10. computer is too slow after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer is too slow after reboot: My computer crashed and after reboot it started working very slowly. I have been able to play such games as NFS before the crash but currently I cannot play at all. My system is HP Pavilion 15-cs0093ca. Thank you....