Windows 10: Computer runs very slowly (vitually freezing shortly after sign in)

Discus and support Computer runs very slowly (vitually freezing shortly after sign in) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My reasonably well specced computer (i5, wd black HDD) seems to run very slowly to the point where it is unusable shortly after I sign in. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamSherratt, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Computer runs very slowly (vitually freezing shortly after sign in)

Hi,

My reasonably well specced computer (i5, wd black HDD) seems to run very slowly to the point where it is unusable shortly after I sign in. It seems to be the same in safe mode!

I have tried restoring to the earliest restore point there is, again no luck!

However between that time and now I have gotten a new windows laptop, I don't know weather OneDrive sync would slow it down?

It's always been very slow to get going which is why I tend to turn it on 30 minutes before I intend to use it. But today it's been unusable which is why I am using my laptop.

Hope you can help?

Thanks,

Sam

:)

SamSherratt, Sep 29, 2018

2. Laptop freezing and running slowly when on Netflix

Hi Beccafay,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Unplug all external devices connected to the computer and restart the computer to check if that helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the admin account to check if this helps. Ensure to install any pending updates on the computer and remember to restart the system.

The “System Maintenance” Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks for the common maintenance tasks on Windows. Try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “System Maintenance”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Edge stalls, freezes and otherwise runs slowly

First, I just replaced my hard drive, then loaded my copy of Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10. For the first day or two it ran fine, then I got a notice that Windows had updated. After that I started having problems with Edge stalling running very
    slowly and sometimes freezing so that my only option was to restart the computer or shut it down using Task Manager. Now it is worse, even after I reboot. I've read other comments and run suggested checks to no avail. Any suggestions before I just stop
    using Edge?

PatrickMc001, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Computer runs very slowly (vitually freezing shortly after sign in)

My computer runs very slowly and freezes often after installing the aniversary update.

My computer runs very slowly and freezes often after installing the aniversary update.

Hillary C., Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Computer runs very slowly (vitually freezing shortly after sign in)

1. Computer runs very slowly (vitually freezing shortly after sign in) - Similar Threads - Computer runs very

2. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  3. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  4. computer is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  5. computer is running very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is running very slowly: since I have updated my computer to windows 11 the computer is very slow, for example: To come to this site to write this question I have been 5 minutes to load firefox. Or also for example I have opened spotify and it has taken between 2 and 3 minutes for the window to...
  6. Laptop running very slowly after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running very slowly after restart: I reset my laptop and now it is running much slower than before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-running-very-slowly-after-restart/131bc8e6-ce13-4cd9-abd9-68be9abb0b71
  7. After BSOD, one app running very slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After BSOD, one app running very slowly: Hi all. I had to recover my PC after BSOD and everything seems fine except 1 program in particular which is running crazily slow to the point it’s unusable. Meanwhile other, larger programs like 3dsmax are running fine. The program in question is Materialze by bounding box....
  8. SSD running very slowly ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD running very slowly ...: Good p.m. I have an Intel NUC mini computer with an HP SSD S700 500GB solid state drive running Windows 10. When I check the "Driver Fine Details" is shows the SSD driver provider to be Microsoft. I recently installed the version 20H2 update. I am streaming video, buffering...
  9. Video freezing/running very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video freezing/running very slowly: This appears to be an odd problem that I just can't find a solution to When streaming videos Youtube, Netflix and even Steam they'll, seemingly, randomly slow down to about 1 frame per second or slower, the audio also reduces to single clicks, pretty much running a the same...
  10. Internet Running Very Slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Running Very Slowly: I've been going back and forth with my isp for a while now. trying to troubleshoot issues with my service. For a while it was truly their faults, going through updates and having down time in my area, just an overall loss of internet and throttling internet. I have since...