Windows 10: Computer runs without me having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am...

Discus and support Computer runs without me having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Computer runs without my having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am I at risk?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LOWELLSLOT, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Computer runs without me having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am...

Computer runs without my having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am I at risk?

:)

LOWELLSLOT, Jun 12, 2019

2. Cannot connect to the Internet. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

Hi Susan,

This error message is caused by an invalid IP address assigned to your PC. To help resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

Solution 1: Basic troubleshooting

To re-assigned valid IP address to your computer, we may need to turn off and on your modem/router and computer.

• Turn OFF your modem/router and computer.
    • Wait for 30 seconds before switching ON the modem/router.
    • Wait for another 60 seconds before turning ON your PC.
    • Open a browser to check if the internet is working.
    Note: Make sure that the ethernet cable is properly connected from the modem/router to the PC

Solution 2: Reinstalling TCP/IP Settings

• Right-click the Start button, then click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type following commands and hit enter:

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

netsh int ip reset
    • Restart your computer.
    Let us know if it works.

Martin Bar, Jun 12, 2019
  3. 1freedude Win User
    Using modems and coax instead of ethernet

I am trying to get rid of my cable ISP, and have secured a cellular modem that is faster and cheaper than my ISP. My rental house has coax throughout, so I was thinking of using modems to connect the upstairs to the downstairs, through the coax.

Is this possible?

4g USB modem---computer with ICS---Ethernet to modem---coax to next modem---Ethernet to network.

1freedude, Jun 12, 2019
  4. saordubh Win User

Computer runs without me having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am...

Ethernet does not have valid configuration

I have been having on-going Internet connection problems with Windows 10 for months. Initially running the Realtek driver repair program would fix the problem. Not any more. I have tried everything suggested from various posts to no avail. I have turned off everything but IP version 4. I just installed the latest driver from Realtek (10013_01172017). No luck. My windows 10 computer is a dual boot machine. Running LinuxMint 18.1 KDE accesses the Internet just fine every time. I am connecting to my cable company's modem via ethernet hard wired. I have rebooted the modem twice today.

My ipconfig /all results are as follows:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
    (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\saord>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : HB-III
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 40-8D-5C-56-3C-A4
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.11.46(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{1AAA851E-CD33-456E-B1C1-F22B480CFC8D}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

The IPv4 address listed above obviously does not connect to my ethernet modem. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions any of you might have to solve this problem.

saordubh, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Computer runs without me having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am...

1. Computer runs without me having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am... - Similar Threads - Computer runs without

2. How to start a new computer without Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to start a new computer without Internet: How to start a new computer without Internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-a-new-computer-without-internet/020f7817-cf5e-43d5-8a1c-3bd30a0a939f
  3. Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless: Win 11 Home 22H2Randomly, I get disconnected from the internet. I've looked at numerous Youtube videos and websites trying to find a solution to my problem. Nothing seems to work. What is really frustrating is I've run the troubleshooter for internet issues. The...
  4. Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless: Win 11 Home 22H2Randomly, I get disconnected from the internet. I've looked at numerous Youtube videos and websites trying to find a solution to my problem. Nothing seems to work. What is really frustrating is I've run the troubleshooter for internet issues. The...
  5. Start a Macro at certain times without having to keep the computer running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start a Macro at certain times without having to keep the computer running: So, I want to run a Macro daily at 3:00 while I sleep. It takes a while to run and I dont want it blocking me while I am using my pc regulary. How is the best way to go about this? I know you can turn your pc on from your Motherboards BIOS, but that would still require me to...
  6. I am having an issue with getting an ethernet connection. It says Ethernet: No Internet,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having an issue with getting an ethernet connection. It says Ethernet: No Internet,...: Hi,As the title says, I am unable to make an ethernet connection, despite the cable working perfectly in another device.When connected, it recognizes that there is a cable, but says one of the following:Ethernet: No InternetUnidentified Network: No InternetIdentifying: No...
  7. Internet both Ethernet and Wi-Fi having troubles ONLY for Win10

Internet both Ethernet and Wi-Fi having troubles ONLY for Win10: I'm sorry for the amount of text below, but I just want to describe this quite unique problem. It might look like a common thing, but it's really not.Problem itself:Sometimes, when trying to reach any resource on the Internet, I'm receiving a timeout error. It repeats for 10...
  8. INTERNET, MODEM

INTERNET, MODEM: Hello. I created a standard user account in Windows 10. My modem which works okay in the administrator account is not working in the standard user account... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-modem/8bb8b0e0-ed2a-4e93-89f5-4632996d524c
  9. Computer runs without me having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer runs without me having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am...: Computer runs without my having started it - both ethernet and internet flash on modem. Am I at risk? * Moved from Virus & Malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-without-me-having-started-it-both/f9cee9ad-8d0e-4a8a-8df5-d8f679f41890
  10. "No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless

"No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 and suddenly today I lost all internet access. Whether I'm connected through wireless or through an Ethernet cable, I'm consistently getting the little yellow triangle and "identifying, no internet access". Troubleshooting gives me...