Windows 10: Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning

Discus and support Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Getting code 43 for everything except for (fortunately) my keyboard, mouse, wifi adapter and 2 of my usb drives. Everything else gets code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlastHole, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning

Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning t4lH2JU_wsIdfaieTc_2hl199wZfTmzP2UfJAsaKPdQ.jpg

Getting code 43 for everything except for (fortunately) my keyboard, mouse, wifi adapter and 2 of my usb drives.

Everything else gets code 43 saying Port Reset Failed

This includes things like my xbox 360 controller and some other external hdds.

Tested all other devices in my laptop and they work with no issue.

This is happening for all mobo usb ports and tower ports as well.

I can plug in any device that the computer will let me use into any port and it will work.

Using Gigabyte AB350 gaming 3 Rev 1.x

What I have done so far with no change:

Updated to latest BIOS version and most recent AMD chipset update.

In device manager show hidden devices:

from top to bottom uninstalled every usb device

then after that not working I've updated each device

with >browse my computer... > let me pick from a list..

Every video I've seen so far on youtube shows some guy continuously updating the generic usb hubs and the problem goes away, problem is I don't any generic usb hubs.

The unknown device is my xbox 360 controller that I've been using on this computer for about 4 years.

Looking at the events every device says Device Not Migrated - due to partial or ambiguous match

Help please. I want to finish Fallen Order.

edit

just ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth then sfc /scannow giving me "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

submitted by /u/BlastHole
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlastHole, Dec 14, 2019

2. list of previously connected USB devices

How can I see the list of previously connected USB devices on my computer via MS-DOS?

KamaleshBiswas, Dec 14, 2019
  3. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning :)

zarathustra2012, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning

USB Device malfunctioned

From your last screen shot it looks your Intel 82801G installed correctly. Circled in green.

Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning [​IMG]

The device Code 45 says the hardware is not connected. Have you reconnected your USB devices?

Caledon Ken, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning

1. Computer says all new and some previously connected usb devices are malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Computer says previously

2. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  3. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  4. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  5. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  6. USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...: Hey Microsoft so I was using my windows 10 home laptop in this afternoon and i was using mouse and suddenly it started to acting up like the response delays when i click a button in mouse. so i removed the usb plug of the mouse and entered again. but the usb connected sound...
  7. USB device malfunctioned

USB device malfunctioned: I'm having a problem with my USB C hdd disconnecting for no reason while I am reading data from it. It seems to be ok when writing to it, but if I try and read data off it it will disconnect and windows will tell me it has malfunctioned. It came with a USBC to USBA adapter...
  8. "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not...: Hope someone can help as I'm really struggling. I got a new laptop before Christmas and everything has been fine on it until a couple of days ago. My USB hard drive connects fine with no issues, the above message I get is for my Garmin running watch. When plugged in to the...
  9. USB Device Malfunction

USB Device Malfunction: Hi, I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that was plugged in to this computer malfunctioned and was not recognized.". Nothing like this has ever happened to me and that...
  10. USB Device malfunctioned

USB Device malfunctioned: Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid]...