Windows 10: Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged

Discus and support Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing a game when my computer suddenly showed a blue screen saying "Your battery is running Low. You might want to plug in your PC." It's then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hanna Do, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Hanna Do Win User

Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged

I was playing a game when my computer suddenly showed a blue screen saying "Your battery is running Low. You might want to plug in your PC." It's then followed by, "Locking..." not even a second later. I found it strange and decided to check if my charger was plugged in correctly, and it was. I turned my computer back on barely a minute later and the battery was fully charged. I decided to get back into the game, but within 2 minutes the game crashed once again. I tried once again but to no avail.I'm feeling very frustrated right now. So far I have tried restarting my computer, updating my dri

:)

Hanna Do, Nov 4, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 4, 2021
  3. JD9999 Win User
    Battery fully charged, but still charging

My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged. When it is fully charged (it is green), Windows still says "05 minutes until fully charged" and then charges for another half hour. In the past the light has been reliable, so I believe that windows 10 is the issue. My laptop has also had significant issues with charging. I can confirm this with two batteries. I have an Asus K55VD which I haven't changed the battery plugs in or anything like that. What could my problem be? Here's what I've tried:

-Disabling and re-enabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery (no change)
    -Turning power saving off in BIOS (did a bit of help with the charging problem)
    -Fixing the fan (turns out it wasn't spinning, which caused a range of issues. Helped the battery charge issue a bit)
    -Keeping the laptop shut down (didn't help)
    -Keeping it asleep (didn't help)
    -Keeping it on with the screen off (did help it charge)

Yet I can't find a fix for the battery charging percentage and time issue. Any help would be appreciated.

JD9999, Nov 4, 2021
  4. VFN
    VFN Win User

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Yes, but for weeks my battery was suck at 87% or so with an orange battery light so I'm wondering how it's now fully charged or at least is telling me so.

Thema:

1. Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged - Similar Threads - Computer Says Battery

2. the battery and charging is fine but even though my laptop is fully charged it, the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the battery and charging is fine but even though my laptop is fully charged it, the battery...: on my windows 11, the charging light keeps showing red, even though i had this problem a 5 weeks ago, last week on a day it showed blue, then it is back to red even though its fully charged. The charging is still working but what is wrong with my laptop? Here is what it...
  3. the battery and charging is fine but even though my laptop is fully charged it, the battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the battery and charging is fine but even though my laptop is fully charged it, the battery...: on my windows 11, the charging light keeps showing red, even though i had this problem a 5 weeks ago, last week on a day it showed blue, then it is back to red even though its fully charged. The charging is still working but what is wrong with my laptop? Here is what it...
  4. Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged: I was playing a game when my computer suddenly showed a blue screen saying "Your battery is running Low. You might want to plug in your PC." It's then followed by, "Locking..." not even a second later. I found it strange and decided to check if my charger was plugged in...
  5. Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Says Battery is Low and Locks Itself, Even Though It's Fully Charged: I was playing a game when my computer suddenly showed a blue screen saying "Your battery is running Low. You might want to plug in your PC." It's then followed by, "Locking..." not even a second later. I found it strange and decided to check if my charger was plugged in...
  6. battery not fully charging

battery not fully charging: hi, for like a week ago my laptop did not charge to 100%. Its like its stuck. its always on 3%, sometimes it goes up to 8% and goes down after i have turned off the pc. its so frustrating because i have home school, and i cant take the pc with me because the battery goes out....
  7. Battery Low even though it’s on 100%

Battery Low even though it’s on 100%: Whenever I turn my laptop on it says “battery low” I unplugged it even though it’s at 100%. It also is opening apps slowly and loading things slowly. When I click the windows key, it loads slowly. How do I fix this?? Is there something wrong with my battery? Is there any...
  8. Says it's charging even though it's not plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Says it's charging even though it's not plugged in.: My Windows 10 tablet is saying that it's plugged in, even though it is not plugged in. The battery icon is animated as though it is plugged in and charging, but the tablet is not plugged in. The problem this is causing is that it is changing the tablets performance. I've...
  9. Battery not fully Charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery not fully Charging: Some Apps are affecting battery life and not fully charging what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-fully-charging/7671bb8e-bc7e-4adb-a937-5a87f3fe492c
  10. Battery won't charge to 100%, even though it says it did

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery won't charge to 100%, even though it says it did: I have an Alienware 14 and I have been having a problem with charging. My problem is that when I am charging my laptop, it reaches roughly 65% charge, then immediately goes to 100%. When I unplug my charger, it goes back down to 65%. I have desktop battery mode disabled, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when comuter switched by itself eventhough charge was full