Windows 10: Computer says Defender is off?

Discus and support Computer says Defender is off? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I received a message from my computer that said Windows Defender needed to be turned on. I checked, and it was already on. Why did my PC do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WyattTrunk, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Computer says Defender is off?

Recently I received a message from my computer that said Windows Defender needed to be turned on. I checked, and it was already on. Why did my PC do this? (I have Windows 8)

:)

WyattTrunk, Apr 11, 2019

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Windows Defender automatically disabled

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the Windows Defender works.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Try to
    run the Windows Defender in safe mode

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender.
    • Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • It may prompts you to enter the password.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, place the computer in normal mode and check for the Windows Defender services.

Step 1: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Once you are in normal mode, I suggest you to check for the
    Windows Defender services.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter
    • Search for Windows Defender, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    • Do the same for Windows Defender Network Inspection Service.
    • Now check if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Computer says Defender is off?

Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer says Defender is off?

1. Computer says Defender is off? - Similar Threads - Computer says Defender

2. Windows Defender Off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Off?: Is it normal for windows defender to be acting like this? "No active antivirus provider. Your device is vulnerable". I have Malwarebytes on but trial expired This all happened after the latest Windows Update. [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows Defender is off

Windows Defender is off: my computer says windows defender is turned off by group policy, how did that occur and how do i get it turned back on? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-off/e7f9011f-8df0-42c6-a984-541752eb88da
  4. Defender Looks to be Off

Defender Looks to be Off: Hi, Was looking at windows defender and the security bit said that defender wasn't on and another program is the AV protection, i only have defender and malwarebytes [img] [img] 123825
  5. Windows Defender says Kaspersky Free is off but Kaspersky says it is running and protecting?

Windows Defender says Kaspersky Free is off but Kaspersky says it is running and protecting?: It seems that the last couple of days every time I boot up my Win 10 PC Windows Defender has a red cross on its icon, when I open it I get a message saying Kaspersky Free is off and your device may be unprotected. When I open Kaspersky it says all is good and my computer is...
  6. want this windows defender applicator removed off my computer

want this windows defender applicator removed off my computer: I want this off my computer windows defender application now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/want-this-windows-defender-applicator-removed-off/ed50601d-019b-4ea9-b04f-2a86e5b9c968
  7. windows defender on/off

windows defender on/off: Eset is a much better protector than windows defender. Think of all the glitches and bugs Windows 10 experiences, where as Eset works on one thing only... protection. That said where I work there is about 1000++ computers that are protected with Eset. This was done by a very...
  8. Defender Exploit Override - Off or... Off?

Defender Exploit Override - Off or... Off?: I've been banging the heck out of teh google without success... What's the difference? 106447
  9. Windows defender off ?

Windows defender off ?: Uninstalled Panda and now windows defender is stuck off, Not clearly listed in windows features any one know which feature defender is listed as in turn windows features on or off :/ Thanks in advance, Cheers. Defender is still listed in control panel and in action...
  10. turn off defender

turn off defender: under settings windows defender does not give option to turn off, can someone help, also webroot paid version is running, will they conflict 88943