Windows 10: Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Discus and support Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AllenZoomfig, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

So this is an issue I've had for a few weeks now. Basically whenever I power up my computer and I check the network center it says that I'm connected to my wifi but there's no internet. The problem is that my browser is connecting to the internet and I can stream and watch videos on it too as well as download things. The big issue is that because my computer thinks its not connected to the internet, I cant get any updates for windows. Is there any way to fix this?

I have already tried running a diagnostic and it gave the "Restart Network" suggestion. So I let the computer restart and when it turned back on I logged into the network and it said "Not Connected - No Connections Available".

Looking at the other computers in the house it seems like none of them are having issues either so I think it could be something wrong with the hardware?

If anyone knows of any way to fix this then that would be much appreciated.

:)

AllenZoomfig, Jan 27, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am... [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that applications show that you are not connected to Internet. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• How is the computer connected to Internet i.e. Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to try changing the network connection i.e. if the computer is connected to Internet through Wi-Fi, try using Ethernet and check if that helps.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 27, 2020
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am...

1. Computer Says I'm Not Connected To The Internet But I am... - Similar Threads - Computer Says I'm

2. Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am: Windows 10 >thinks< I am not connected and thus several things refuse to work the help desk app, for example but I can browse, ping google, ping microsoftI can literally do everything as normal except for anything windows-specific that checks if the computer is online. i have...
  3. Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am: Windows 10 >thinks< I am not connected and thus several things refuse to work the help desk app, for example but I can browse, ping google, ping microsoftI can literally do everything as normal except for anything windows-specific that checks if the computer is online. i have...
  4. Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am: Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am. However, I can't use windows update. I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of, network etc. Please help!...
  6. windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am: Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am. However, I can't use windows update. I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of, network etc. Please help!...
  7. windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

8. Microsoft apps say i'm not connected to the internet but I am.

Microsoft apps say i'm not connected to the internet but I am.: I can't sign in to the Microsoft store or any other apps that require a Microsoft account. I ran the troubleshooter and it said "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource www.microsoft.com is not responding." Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  9. Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am

Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet but I am: Windows 10 >thinks< I am not connected and thus several things refuse to work (the help desk app, for example) but I can browse, ping google, ping microsoft I can literally do everything as normal except for anything windows-specific that checks if the computer is online...
  10. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...