Windows 10: Computer says no internet but I have internet?

Discus and support Computer says no internet but I have internet? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue with my desktop computer. It's running the latest version of Windows 10 in conjunction with an internet connection via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by katie_004, Sep 16, 2020.

1. katie_004 Win User

Computer says no internet but I have internet?

Hello, I am having an issue with my desktop computer. It's running the latest version of Windows 10 in conjunction with an internet connection via ethernet cable and OpenVPN. When I am not connected to the VPN, the computer correctly recognizes that I have an internet connection. However, once I connect to the VPN, it then says there's no internet. This is not true, as I can load websites without any issue and remote into computers on my work's network. I would normally just ignore this since it is actually working, but the fact that the computer thinks I'm offline is causing some connectivity issues with other programs I use.

I've tried ensuring my ethernet driver is up to date, Windows 10 itself is up to date, and trying all sorts of troubleshooting from manually configuring the internet connections, release/renew the IP address, running the internet troubleshoot feature in Windows 10 it always says it can't detect the issue but suggests I reset the network settings, which doesn't fix the problem, even disabling the firewall to see if something's being blocked. I'm at a total loss as to what the issue could be.

:)

katie_004, Sep 16, 2020

2. Software via the Internet: Microsoft in ‘Cloud’ Computing

well ... how i see it its one step closer to having a computer with no software on it. when you boot it up, it loads ur OS from the internet ...

pirates look out, argh!

[I.R.A]_FBi, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that applications show that you are not connected to Internet. I’ll certainly help you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• How is the computer connected to Internet i.e. Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

I would suggest you to try changing the network connection i.e. if the computer is connected to Internet through Wi-Fi, try using Ethernet and check if that helps.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 16, 2020
  4. kakazza Win User

Software via the Internet: Microsoft in ‘Cloud’ Computing

Hope you meant that as a negative point?!

kakazza, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer says no internet but I have internet? - Similar Threads - Computer says internet

2. Computer says "no internet" while there is

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer says "no internet" while there is: My computer says there's no internet connection, while i can use office, talk in discord, browse the web, etc.I'm on windows 10, using a wifi card and ethernet both yield the same result....
  3. My PC says "No Internet, protected" but I have access to the Internet.

My PC says "No Internet, protected" but I have access to the Internet.: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and now Windows doesn't think I have internet. It will not be linked to my Microsoft account. MS Word, Edge, and One Notes are also having difficulty connecting to my account. But if I go to Edge, I can connect to the internet, my email, and...
  4. Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access

Windows says "No Internet Access" but I have Internet Access: For around 2 days I have been having this issue where apparently I do not have internet access, but I do have internet access. [ATTACH] It is usually stuck like this for 20 minutes then figures out that it can connect to the internet.Running the troubleshooter just provides...
  5. Ethernet Connection in the taskbar says no internet but actually I have internet in other...

Ethernet Connection in the taskbar says no internet but actually I have internet in other...: Hi, The Ethernet connection symbol in the Taskbar changes to no internet. But I have a stable internet connection wirelessly in all my other devices from the same router. Few months ago I switched to Windows Insider Program and switched to the Dev Channel. I receive...
  6. Microsoft Store Says I have No Internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Says I have No Internet: I was looking to download a game i purchased a while ago, about a week ago i fully reset my laptop and it signed me out of all of my accounts, and now every time i try and log in to my personal account it says that i have no internet, even though i do, ive tried everything,...
  7. Internet says "no internet, secured" but I have some access to internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet says "no internet, secured" but I have some access to internet: I'm on Windows 10. It will say "no internet, secured" but I actually have access to most websites. However, some websites and applications won't work, including the Spotify app, the Outlook app, the Epic Games Launcher, and epicgames.com. These apps and sites will tell me I...
  8. Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet: unable to find why office suite pro 2016 Outlook, Edge and Network Trouble shooter also the hidden icon that when connected changes from a ball to a display icon Network Status to name a few programs ALL THINK I am NOT CONNECTED TO A NETWORK. AT the VERY SAME TIME I...
  9. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet.: So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet. [ATTACH][ATTACH] But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even windows update is showing error. [ATTACH] Then when I check my settings it says not connected. Even though I am connected...
  10. Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet

Microsoft says "no internet" but I have internet: This has been going on for months at this point. Whenever I log into our desk top computer, my Microsoft account says it needs attention and for me to log in. When I click on the grey notification box in the lower right corner, it takes me to the menu where I click to log in...