Windows 10: Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

Discus and support Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; unable to find why office suite pro 2016 Outlook, Edge and Network Trouble shooter also the hidden icon that when connected changes from a ball to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markjacksonZN, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

unable to find why office suite pro 2016 Outlook, Edge and Network Trouble shooter also the hidden icon that when connected changes from a ball to a display icon Network Status to name a few programs ALL THINK I am NOT CONNECTED TO A NETWORK.

AT the VERY SAME TIME I was using Firefox browser to log in to amazon account.

IF I COULDN'T CONNECT USING ANY BROWSER, WHEN I GOT NOT CONNECTED I WOULD RUN ALL THE CHECKS LISTED for a not connected to network.

But REMEMBER at the SAME TIME I was ABLE TO log into my Amazon account. so I HAD TO HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, I also browsed web using Firefox browser, going to sites I NEVER saw before so I made sure what I was seeing was NOT a stored file.

using win 10 pro. have latest updates.

any ideas to check would be nice.

Mark

***Modified title from: WHAT IS the FIX? i am unable to find why office suite pro 2016 Outlook, Edge and Network Trouble shooter to name a few programs THINK NOT CONNECTED TO A NETWORK, BUT AM CONNECTED USING FIREFOX.***

:)

markjacksonZN, Jan 7, 2020

2. internet not connecting

Hi,

I recently reformatted a computer and when I tried to connect to the internet it wouldn't work. The computer is an IBM and I have loaded Windows XP.

All the settings are the same with internet connections as the settings in my other computers in the house but it still wont connect.

Using cable and on ADSL.

Thank you.

Kymberly_S, Jan 7, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

internet not connecting

Hello and thank you for your response.

Do you mean, connect the cable to the computer and then go to Control Panel and disable the wireless? (don't know if it has that, will have to check)

Will check the network and sharing centre. Am really flying completely blind at the moment and am receiving all kinds of help so if this works it is due to nothing I have conjured up.. Just so everyone knows. Just when I thought I was pretty good at this stuff.. I wasn't.

Ok.. tried all that.. there was no network set up as I have just reformatted the computer.. I am stumped.. I have reformatted before and just plugged in the ADSL cord and Bobs your uncle..
    This is the first time I have had trouble with the internet connecting in this house. We have outlets in just about every room and the courtyard.. plug the cord into the computer.. the other end into the outlet.. and I have access to the internet..

I hope I am doing the right thing by writing in the same post until there is an answer..? I didn't see the point in having a running commentary of each step wasting space and boring people lol..

Thanks for looking in ..

Kymberly_S, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet

1. Computer says not connected to Internet even after connected to Internet - Similar Threads - Computer says connected

2. Internet connection says No internet secured

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection says No internet secured: I use my mobile to connect the internet to my laptop which has had no problems for years, now for some reason it says that No internet secured but I can go on the internet and use it fine, then a message appears asking me to open browser and sign in which has already been...
  3. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  4. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  5. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  7. Windows connected with internet but saying no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows connected with internet but saying no internet: Adam good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-connected-with-internet-but-saying-no/9224e082-664a-47e0-88c2-0508a6562e59
  8. Computer says no connection, even though i'm connected and internet works fine

Computer says no connection, even though i'm connected and internet works fine: I have a weird little issue more like a minor annoyance than anything My pc is displaying the "not connected" symbol in the taksbar, however i am connected and have no issues using the internet....
  9. No internet even after being connected to the internet.

No internet even after being connected to the internet.: [IMG] Hi! I am suffering from a very weird problem with the internet connection of my laptop from a long time. Can you give me a solution? Even there is internet, my browser says no internet. And it mostly happens when the laptop get switched from charging to "on...
  10. Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet

Computer says not connected to internet when I'm connected to internet: I am currently connected through Ethernet and am able to access the internet and any other programs that require the internet. My computer says that I'm "Connected" through Ethernet, but the icon shows that it isn't connected. It also says it isn't connected in the "Network &...