Windows 10: Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai

Discus and support Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have checked in bios and the disk is showing and selected as 1st boot propriety. I have also downloaded on another pc the windows creation manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shazbah59, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Shazbah59 Win User

Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai

I have checked in bios and the disk is showing and selected as 1st boot propriety. I have also downloaded on another pc the windows creation manager tool but this says its unable to repair windows. I can't do a fresh install as I had windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 on the Microsoft site. I no longer have the windows 7 disk neither do I have a activatiin number for my windows as uts on the pc that I can't start. Can anyone help?

:)

Shazbah59, Aug 17, 2022

2. "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

Hi, I recently built a new PC with a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD. I'm installing Windows 10 via USB and I've made the USB top priority in the boot list. However, when I exit BIOS, It gives me an error saying "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert
    boot media in selected boot device and press a." Is their a solution to this?

LAWolfGirlx, Aug 17, 2022
  3. RJHensley Win User
    Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Hi having trouble, seeing a black screen that says Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai 685d1d46-dd34-49ee-81e1-0559353dd960.jpg

I believe this is a Windows 10 volume 5 problem

How To Fix

• Restart your computer.
    • Press the necessary key to open BIOS menu. ...
    • Go to the Boot tab.
    • Change the boot order and list your computer's HDD first. ...
    • Save the settings.
    • Restart your computer.

If you get a screen with options saying WINDOWS 10 VOLUME 2/ VOLUME 5

- PRESS VOLUME 5

you computer should bring you top your home desktop

RJHensley, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Rose Ter Win User

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Hi,

In order for us to help you with the error message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" on your computer, you can refer to the response of
    Vinod Archak on this
    link
    . This will provide you steps on how to change
    the Drive Boot Order in BIOS.

For instance, that it failed to work you can also check
    Ratandeep response on the same link.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai - Similar Threads - Computer says select

2. Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...: First day: activate windows watermark, slow and laggy performance than usual and a crash appeared, restarted automatically and was good all againSecond day: after logging with password a black screen would appear but mouse cursor was visible. Later new problem arises saying...
  3. reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...: Sp a few days back my pc got blue screen error and since then It was only booting to bios and only windows boot manager was showing under boot sequenceI fixed the problem by turning on csm and my drives came back. Since then my pc gets the reboot and select the proper boot...
  4. reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...: Sp a few days back my pc got blue screen error and since then It was only booting to bios and only windows boot manager was showing under boot sequenceI fixed the problem by turning on csm and my drives came back. Since then my pc gets the reboot and select the proper boot...
  5. reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...: I have a problem with pc, any time I switch it on it says reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key issue so I kept installing new windows three times to fix the problem , it didn't last for like a week it shows the same...
  6. Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai: I have checked in bios and the disk is showing and selected as 1st boot propriety. I have also downloaded on another pc the windows creation manager tool but this says its unable to repair windows. I can't do a fresh install as I had windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 on...
  7. Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer says select proper boot device or insert boot medai: I have checked in bios and the disk is showing and selected as 1st boot propriety. I have also downloaded on another pc the windows creation manager tool but this says its unable to repair windows. I can't do a fresh install as I had windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 on...
  8. Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press...: I bought a M.2 hard disk and I installed windows 10 Pro in this disk, and I formatted the other disk. After all of this, it arise a very strange issue.If I turn on the PC using the physical button, Windows 10 boot normally and I can use it.But if I restart windows from the...
  9. "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device": Hi, I recently built a new PC with a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD. I'm installing Windows 10 via USB and I've made the USB top priority in the boot list. However, when I exit BIOS, It gives me an error saying "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected...
  10. select proper boot device or insert boot media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    select proper boot device or insert boot media: Hi, I have been running a stationary computer (windows 10 pro) for about one year now. never failed before. Last night I upgraded, a rather large upgrade, duration 1 hour or more. After the upgrade the message on the screen is "select proper boot device or insert boot...