Windows 10: Computer scan from prompt to identify viruses

Discus and support Computer scan from prompt to identify viruses in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Please be sure to give me a command prompt command to identify the viruses or what antivirus you recommend to install it, but I want the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianDragomir1, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Computer scan from prompt to identify viruses

Hello, Please be sure to give me a command prompt command to identify the viruses or what antivirus you recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Jan 4, 2019
  2. EASilver Win User

how to prompt my computer to scan?

I have a windows 10 processor in my lenovo thinkpad. I have a canon ts6020 printer. these are connected wirelessly. i have set the printer to scan a document . the printer is stating to set the computer to scan and i have no idea how to do this although
    it is probably rather simple. could you please help with the procedure as to how to prompt my computer to scan?

EASilver, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    No scanning software in Windows 10 on new hp computer

Apologies for the late response and thank you for the details.

It is possible that it is caused by a
    corrupted
    or
    missing system files. We suggest that you try these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there's any changes:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring or fix any corrupted files. To run the
    DISM tool, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, try to
    unplug
    the cable connecting to your computer from the printer/scanner and turn if off. After a few seconds, plug it back again and check if your computer will download and install the
    drivers again. It is also possible that the driver for your printer was uninstalled and doing these simple troubleshooting may help you out.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Computer scan from prompt to identify viruses

unable to scan to computer

My HP Envy 4524 printer set up using HP website and prints fine using wireless connection. However, when attempting a scan printer window message saying no computer found. I have read various suggestions indicating web scan may need to be enabled on
    my laptop, but the steps suggested could not be followed as I think they may refer to an earlier version of windows. Can anyone suggest how I might get my scan to computer enabled using windows 10?

BillNotley, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Computer scan from prompt to identify viruses

1. Computer scan from prompt to identify viruses - Similar Threads - Computer scan prompt

2. Windows 11 Virus Scan consistently finds 1 virus that it clears but does not identify what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Virus Scan consistently finds 1 virus that it clears but does not identify what...: This phenomenon has gone on for years now. I have lived with it and I see there is another thread going back to 2021, same symptoms in Windows 10. Just raising this issue again to see if anybody else is experiencing it and if there is a reasonable solution.Past advice from...
  3. Windows 11 Virus Scan consistently finds 1 virus that it clears but does not identify what...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Virus Scan consistently finds 1 virus that it clears but does not identify what...: This phenomenon has gone on for years now. I have lived with it and I see there is another thread going back to 2021, same symptoms in Windows 10. Just raising this issue again to see if anybody else is experiencing it and if there is a reasonable solution.Past advice from...
  4. SCAN COMPUTER AND QUARANTINED VIRUSES.

SCAN COMPUTER AND QUARANTINED VIRUSES.: HOW DO I GET RID OF QUARANTINED VIRUSES AND WHAT PROGRAM GETS THEM? ALSO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-computer-and-quarantined-viruses/df40da3f-8855-4408-9799-2a3a1ad5c70e
  5. SCAN COMPUTER AND QUARANTINED VIRUSES.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCAN COMPUTER AND QUARANTINED VIRUSES.: HOW DO I GET RID OF QUARANTINED VIRUSES AND WHAT PROGRAM GETS THEM? ALSO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-computer-and-quarantined-viruses/df40da3f-8855-4408-9799-2a3a1ad5c70e
  6. Cannot find Virus from scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find Virus from scan?: Hello, I've been having issues with a virus that's on my computer. A couple of days ago I must've downloaded something that windows anti-virus quarantined or deleted, but thinking it was just windows trying to remove the file I restored it only to see windows did need to...
  7. Cannot find Virus from scan?

Cannot find Virus from scan?: Hello, I've been having issues with a virus that's on my computer. A couple of days ago I must've downloaded something that windows anti-virus quarantined or deleted, but thinking it was just windows trying to remove the file I restored it only to see windows did need to...
  8. Scan laptop viruses from prompt command

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan laptop viruses from prompt command: Hello,I called on the Microsoft community to ask for an opinion in order to give me a script or a command prompt scan for laptop viruses. I mention that I have two partitions on the laptop as follows:-partition C with 256 GB operating system- partition D with 1000 GB...
  9. Virus check from prompt (administrator)

Virus check from prompt (administrator): Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please give me a command in order to check whether I have viruses on my computer and how to delete them if I have viruses. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  10. Computer scan from prompt to identify viruses

Computer scan from prompt to identify viruses: Hello, Please be sure to give me a command prompt command to identify the viruses or what antivirus you recommend to install it, but I want the antivirus not to consume too much resource. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...