Windows 10: computer scanner

Discus and support computer scanner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I pull up screen for my scanner on computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WAYNELUNA1, Aug 30, 2019.

1. computer scanner

how do I pull up screen for my scanner on computer

:)

WAYNELUNA1, Aug 30, 2019

2. Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 30, 2019
  3. scanner doesn't find my computer with error message "no scanner is connected".

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in scanner settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to try to refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps. Also try to run the printer troubleshooter, it will troubleshoot on scanner related issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Also I recommend you to refer to the user manual for printer device and try to check if there is any change in scanner settings.

I suggest you to check if scanner is detected through below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "View scanners and Cameras" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if scanner is getting detected in it or not.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 30, 2019
  4. computer scanner

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

computer scanner

1. computer scanner - Similar Threads - computer scanner

2. I have problem is when I connect to kodek i1220 scanner with my computer saying that it not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem is when I connect to kodek i1220 scanner with my computer saying that it not...: I have problem is to connecting kodek i1220 scannar is not connecting to window 11 what i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-is-when-i-connect-to-kodek-i1220/951de8b1-c931-48e0-a6bc-0c1010ac168a
  3. I have problem is when I connect to kodek i1220 scanner with my computer saying that it not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problem is when I connect to kodek i1220 scanner with my computer saying that it not...: I have problem is to connecting kodek i1220 scannar is not connecting to window 11 what i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-is-when-i-connect-to-kodek-i1220/951de8b1-c931-48e0-a6bc-0c1010ac168a
  4. My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.: My 64 bit Dell Win 10 computer connects to a 32 bit Dell V313 scanner, but attempting to scan using WFS returns the message 'an error occurred while setting scanner properties'. There is an online hint that suggests that the message is caused by the scanner not returning the...
  5. My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.

My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.: My 64 bit Dell Win 10 computer connects to a 32 bit Dell V313 scanner, but attempting to scan using WFS returns the message 'an error occurred while setting scanner properties'. There is an online hint that suggests that the message is caused by the scanner not returning the...
  6. My 64-bit Dell Win 10 computer cannot scan to a 32-bit Dell V313 scanner.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My computer scanner says that they detect a Trojan spyware and to call 1–8 66–5 53–0385. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer scanner says that they detect a Trojan spyware and to call 1–8 66–5 53–0385. Is...: I was working on my computer and a screen came up saying that a Trojan spyware has been detected on my computer and has blocked my computer. There is a phone number 1–8 66–5 53–03 85 which is supposedly the security helpline. Is this legitimate? Please helpJudy Ruvalcaba...
  8. My computer scanner says that they detect a Trojan spyware and to call 1–8 66–5 53–0385. Is...

My computer scanner says that they detect a Trojan spyware and to call 1–8 66–5 53–0385. Is...: I was working on my computer and a screen came up saying that a Trojan spyware has been detected on my computer and has blocked my computer. There is a phone number 1–8 66–5 53–03 85 which is supposedly the security helpline. Is this legitimate? Please helpJudy Ruvalcaba...
  9. My computer scanner says that they detect a Trojan spyware and to call 1–8 66–5 53–0385. Is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. My Microsoft Safety Scanner scans more than 25 million files on my computer

My Microsoft Safety Scanner scans more than 25 million files on my computer: So I scanned my computer this morning using the Microsoft Safety Scanner. I expected it to take less than three hours, but it has already taken ten hours. Microsoft Safety Scanner has already scanned more than 25 million files, but it is still running halfway. Is it normal? I...