Windows 10: Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

Discus and support Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken Schoening, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up again. Then in 30 seconds it dims again.Any ideas?Thanks,Ken

:)

Ken Schoening, Jul 31, 2022
  2. jds020319 Win User

Screen dimming after 20 seconds

This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail.

I've tried adjusting the power options, ensured that 'turn off display' and 'sleep' are set to 'never' for all settings, confirmed my drivers on my GPU are up to date, ran all Windows updates, checked the registry and confirmed that the brightness settings are set to %100... I'm at a complete loss as to why this is happening. What's even more strange is that nothing, that I'm aware of, updated today or yesterday, but the issue began as soon as I started my laptop this morning...

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to stop this, I'd love to hear them.

jds020319, Jul 31, 2022
  3. ELF_708 Win User
    Screen dims and brightens every few seconds

Thank you! I did what you suggested and no dice. Its not just dimming though. The slide bar that appears when I click the battery icon in the bottom right corner of the screen is randomly moving back and forth. It looks like its cycling every few seconds
    between charging and not charging.

I shut down, took off the battery, plugged in the ac adapter, and rebooted. Then I uninstalled software under device manager>battery, shutdown again, reinstalled the battery, and restarted. The battery charged up to 68% then the screen started dimming
    again. Will try the fix suggested by the other respondent. I'm also trying to charge fully, drain fully 3 times. If you have other suggestions, feel free! Thank you!

ELF_708, Jul 31, 2022
  4. Fool Win User

Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

Thema:

Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

1. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds - Similar Threads - Computer Screen Dims

2. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds: I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up again. Then in 30 seconds it dims again.Any ideas?Thanks,Ken...
  3. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds: I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up again. Then in 30 seconds it dims again.Any ideas?Thanks,Ken...
  4. Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds: Hello and Happy New Year,I have had this problem for approximately 2months now and I have contacted our IT support but they couldn't resolve the issue as I believe this must be to do with Windows updates or something else in windows.I have been experiencing consistent...
  5. Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer screen flickering and freezing approximately every 30 seconds: Hello and Happy New Year,I have had this problem for approximately 2months now and I have contacted our IT support but they couldn't resolve the issue as I believe this must be to do with Windows updates or something else in windows.I have been experiencing consistent...
  6. Screen dimming after 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming after 20 seconds: This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail. I've tried...
  7. Screen dimming after 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen dimming after 20 seconds: This just started today, but my laptop screen dims every 20 seconds if I'm not doing anything. Doesn't matter if I'm gaming, watching a video or whatever, if there's no mouse movement or key strokes, the screen dims from it's highest to lowest setting without fail. I've tried...
  8. Computer shutting down after idle for ~30 seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shutting down after idle for ~30 seconds: Hi, I have had a new surface for 4 days now, and just today I have started experiencing issues with the machine turning itself off after ~30 seconds of inactivity. If the mouse isn't moved / no keys pressed, it will not even make it login screen before turning itself off,...
  9. Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen auto dims after 15 seconds in Windows 10: Finally! An answer! All the threads were locked to answer the question as to why my and many, many other's screen automatically dims after 15 seconds when not actively doing something on the screen, but I figured it out with the help of a Dell online technician. If you...
  10. Screen turns black after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black after 30 seconds: I use a laptop in a docking station with two screens connected - it has worked well for one year. Suddenly, and as I remember, right after accepting a systems update, screen 1 turns black, looses connection to the computer approx 30 seconds after I have turned on the...