Windows 10: Computer screen dims when lid is open past 45 degrees

Discus and support Computer screen dims when lid is open past 45 degrees in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I open my computer lid past 45 degrees, the screen dims to a point where I can hardly see what is on it. Below that, it is normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MSmit3434, Dec 1, 2023.

1. MSmit3434 Win User

Computer screen dims when lid is open past 45 degrees

Every time I open my computer lid past 45 degrees, the screen dims to a point where I can hardly see what is on it. Below that, it is normal brightness. I tried resetting the computer multiple times and opening it slowly, but nothing seems to work.This is an XPS 13 and it is only just over 2 years old. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

:)

MSmit3434, Dec 1, 2023

2. rotate 45 degrees

how do I rotate images 45 degrees

thomaschapin, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Screen stays black after opening lid

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to boot the device to desktop with black screen from sleep mode?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

Hi, Thank You forgetting back to me so quickly.

To answer your questions:

1. I am NOT able to get from the black screen after I have opened the lid.

2. I'm assuming that when the lid is closed this automatically puts the computer to sleep. I can hear noise in the background, but can not get the black screen to go away without shutting down and rebooting.

3. I did see an error code when this happened, but was unable to read it because I was logging off.

When I restarted the computer, my desktop would not function. IE when I tried clicking on my task bar, nothing would happen. I powered off the computer, turned it on and it came up.

But again, after I leave the computer (with lid down) for more than 15 minutes, the same problem is happening.

I read through some previous suggestions on here, someone suggested to disable sleep/hibernate mode. I did so, and now things seem to be working OK. My concern is, #1 the problem isn't truly fixed, and #2 Will keeping the computer from going into sleep
    or hibernate mode cause issues?

LindaSardou, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Computer screen dims when lid is open past 45 degrees

Closing Laptop Lid Powers On Computer

I ran the power troubleshooter and it adjusted the dims setting, changed power plans, and adjusted the screen brightness. I did a clean boot and reset the power plans to default but the problem remains.

When I shut down and leave the lid open, it shuts down and powers back on. If I shut down and close the lid, it stays off. Then to power on, I have to open and close the lid.

Edit: Closing the lid powers off and opening the lid powers on. It also reboots after shutdown if lid is left open.

BlakeCamden, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Computer screen dims when lid is open past 45 degrees

1. Computer screen dims when lid is open past 45 degrees - Similar Threads - Computer screen dims

2. Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle: Got a weird issue with Snip and Sketch. When users click on the Ruler tool it more often that not starts at a 45 degree angle instead of 0 degrees horizontal. Issue happens for multiple users but it is not consistent. Already reset the app, reinstalled, and rebooted the...
  3. Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle: Got a weird issue with Snip and Sketch. When users click on the Ruler tool it more often that not starts at a 45 degree angle instead of 0 degrees horizontal. Issue happens for multiple users but it is not consistent. Already reset the app, reinstalled, and rebooted the...
  4. Computer screen dims when lid is open past 45 degrees

Computer screen dims when lid is open past 45 degrees: Every time I open my computer lid past 45 degrees, the screen dims to a point where I can hardly see what is on it. Below that, it is normal brightness. I tried resetting the computer multiple times and opening it slowly, but nothing seems to work.This is an XPS 13 and it is...
  5. Screen will dim when open another window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen will dim when open another window: Hi there, Can anyone help me to fix my problem. I did not why my screen will be like that, it happened few week ago and then I try to restore and it back to normal. Last few day there got a message ask me to update the window and I did, so the problem back again. Thank you...
  6. Screen will dim when open another window

Screen will dim when open another window: Hi there, Can anyone help me to fix my problem. I did not why my screen will be like that, it happened few week ago and then I try to restore and it back to normal. Last few day there got a message ask me to update the window and I did, so the problem back again. Thank you...
  7. Screen Dims when in full screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Dims when in full screen: For the past 3-4 months my screen randomly started dimming when I go fullscreen in various applications. I originally thought it was an Overwatch problem, but it has also happened in zoom whenever someone screenshares. I have tried everything I have found online, messed with...
  8. Screen dims when no charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen dims when no charging: When my laptop is not charging the screen dims a lot, and the only way to get it to be brights again is to plug it in. submitted by /u/ext-meticulous [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikaywz/screen_dims_when_no_charging/
  9. rotate 45 degrees

rotate 45 degrees: how do I rotate images 45 degrees https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotate-45-degrees/8f2716ef-27db-49df-b51c-bf5564b3b9a5
  10. 90 degree screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    90 degree screen: My screen turned 90 degrees. how do I turn it back to horizonatal [Moved from : Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/90-degree-screen/e7cf233a-43fc-43de-a0d5-d1479d7efbe8