Windows 10: computer screen displays only black background with icons

Discus and support computer screen displays only black background with icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to change this black background. When I get to the Personalize page, I view a message some setting are hidden or managed by your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KT.fam, Jun 30, 2019.

1. KT.fam Win User

computer screen displays only black background with icons

I am unable to change this black background. When I get to the Personalize page, I view a message

some setting are hidden or managed by your organization

KT

:)

KT.fam, Jun 30, 2019

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jun 30, 2019
  4. computer screen displays only black background with icons

Icons and display was gone and the background is all black

I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. that I bought new a year ago. I am the only user.

Last week the icons on the screen reorganized and began showing all names and info - clogging the screen. I cannot find the place to change that back, nor do I know why it happened.

Today I turned on the laptop to see "Changes have been made.... New features...." and there was no way to stop it, or to try to log in and get done what I had gone to the computer for... I had to wait. AND the desktop phot was gone and the background is
    all black.

Original title: Icons and display

KatherinSniffin, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

computer screen displays only black background with icons

1. computer screen displays only black background with icons - Similar Threads - computer screen displays

2. printer only prints with black background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer only prints with black background: My printer will only print in white font with black background. How can I correct this? I have re-downloaded the driver, with no change. It is a brother MFC L2700DW series HELP!...
  3. Icons and Background turn black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and Background turn black?: I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an icon, it turns black. If I highlight my desktop, that turns black too. Why does this happen and how can I fix this?...
  4. Start Screen only has Black Background

Start Screen only has Black Background: For some reason, my Start Screen's background is solid black instead of showing my themed image. I have tinkered with the personalization settings but nothing seems to help. I am using Windows 365 and this problem promulgates across all four of my computers. Yesterday it...
  5. Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden Black Screen display, programs running in background: Hello all, past few weeks, on my laptop frequently, a sudden black screen appears. Nothing is seen, but programs are running in the background. If I am playing music, I can still hear the music. I initially pressed the power button for some time and then pressed it again to...
  6. Background black screen

Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  7. After lock or sleep, the computer displays a black screen with only a mouse pointer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After lock or sleep, the computer displays a black screen with only a mouse pointer.: The issue is interment, affects only our laptops. When the user locks and then tries to unlock, the screen is black with only a mouse pointer alt+tab indicates logonui is running but it is not visible Ctl alt + del has no effect Holding Win key + Ctrl + Shift then...
  8. My backround screen show only black background only icon shows and background not be change

My backround screen show only black background only icon shows and background not be change: I cannot change my background and my display show only black background only icons are show in personalize>background "some setting are hidden or managed by your organisation " <this messege show when I am trying to change my background....
  9. my computer has no background (black screen)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer has no background (black screen): I have tried searching for a solution but all the solutions don't work for me. I use windows 10 pro I am able to use ctrl alt delete I am able to load task manager I can use run through task manager but shortcut doesn't work cmd doesn't load and closes my task manager...
  10. Movies & Tv App only Displaying Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & Tv App only Displaying Black Screen: System Details in Specs are (Antivirus running though may not be correct, currently running Avast 17.5.2303) perhaps should stuck with Defender after last clean install No matter what videos I try to play in the app there black, no audio or picture or sometimes frozen...